LegacyGT.com

What is the best sealant

I discovered that only the camshaft seals & the passenger side cam cover seal were leaking & replaced them.

I used silicone sealant on the cam seals but oil still got through them which means that the sealant wasn't up to sealing against the pressure from the 11mm oil pump or just not up to the task of sealing in general (I used some permatex stuff for the rear main that my father gave me but ran out of it when it was time for the cam seals.)

What is the best sealant out there that you can use for the cam seals?

I am confident that is where most of the leaking is coming from.

It depends on your application. Permatex anerobic sealant/gasket maker is an awesome high pressure sealant for parts with tight tolerances and small spaces to fill that might be hard to push silicone into. Goes on like loctite. Very expensive though...24 bucks when I bought it. I imagine it doesn't hold up to a lot of flexing though.

• I Donated
I used the gray stuff from ford they use on the international.

Thats what I keep in my toolbox. Its great stuff....virtually the same thing as Fugibond but a little bit cheaper.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Someone on this site told me that Hondabond is just as good but cheaper than Fujibond, lol.

Personally, I use distilled Mongolian Yak Fat. It was discovered when some STi techs made a wrong turn in Albuquerque...

Woah! This is questionable.

Archived