LegacyGT.com

hubless wheels

typeSpeed

Pretty cool....

That ride *NEEDS* bigger (and "better") brakes - NOW!!!!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

clamp systems on bikes are nice. The concept was concieved probably about in 1990 or 1989 when it was the first spokeless rim.. the brakes, hub, slot, and steering was all encased into the arm. the new system will incorporate a spiked rim sprocket instead of rollers for the rear tires to be propelled. The fronts use ball bearings to allow it roll freely.

As for cars, that can be applied as well, but my thought is that the arm will have to be pretty strong to hold up that much weight. Another thing to look at is the steering angle since the wheels turn a lot more on a car than on a bike...

Keefe

Im showing someone... but IMO, it looks like its an polycarbonate center in a 3 pc wheel.
"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

Im sure they are show only.

Have any idea what a slab of polycarbonate like that weights??

Im gonna guess that those wheels weight 35-50 lbs ea.

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

unless you make it out of Aero-gel (made of 99.8% air)...

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/TECH/space/05/09/record.gel/

now all NASA has to do is make sure that material can handle some godly amount of torsion and sheering forces.. forget carbon fiber, this is the next best thing.

Yes, but that material isn't load bearing and clear.

Not liking it.

The idea behind a wheel for me IS the spoke design. Personal preference you know.

It is the disposition of men to desire that which he cannot have, hence my un-quenchable wet desire for Shakira!

I wonder what the physical characteristics of ALON are.. ie is it brittle like plastic, or soft, like metal?

Would be cool to have a roof with that kind of material. Then again, maybe not since it could get really hot in the car :lol:

-=- Livin life at 140 BPM -=-

Archived