LegacyGT.com

5EAT Ask your Questions!?!

there is also a light click from the shifter it self when you go over about 5 kms. its a lock out, when your traveling more than 5 km/h you cannot put it in reverse or park.

could this be what your talking about ?

I've literally had this click for years, talking about more than 5 years. Had it on other cars, it's simply a worn out padding or some such. Nothing to worry about, I know you know this, just posting it for others.

• 4 weeks later...

Been away from the forums for quite some time, to tempting to spend money :)

Anyways I'm at about 95k miles on my 09 and I'm toying with the idea of ditching the stock turbo before it gives me problems. Nothing crazy, probably a VF-52, just a nice bump in some broad power.

Question is whats the deal with the valve body mods for the 08/09s?

Was anything ever resolved? Couldn't find any recent info. All the 5eat with bigger turbo stories have me freaked. Reluctant to go bigger on a higher mileage (babied) tranny thats stock.

i mean i beat on it quite frequently. From what i read on here i do believe that the 08 transmission is a little stronger, however i've never seen a failing 05-07 one. A friend has a 05 lgt 5eat, and i will say it shifts a lot firmer than my car, or at least it feels that way. I'm going in for a full transmission relearn soon though, so hopefully soon it will be even better.

Anyone else get terrible shifting / Transmission response when the weather is extremely cold?

Is this in cold weather, with a cold car(not yet up to operating temps), or cold weather, with a warm car?

"Build" Thread <--Link

(OLD) '05 EJ255 now a '13 EJ257 Bottom End w/D25 heads (NEW)

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In Cold weather with a warm car (up to operating temp). I can imagine even in a car that is at op temp, components would still be partially cold when the temp outside is sub zero through 10*F(?) Its been this way for months now and my car is not much fun in this winter were having.