LegacyGT.com

The Official: Fastest Legacy Thread (1/4 and 1/8)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats to Grimlin for cracking the 10's -
!

first post updated to reflect new fastest time.

1/2 mile record run here -

I'm so sorry. I dont know how I forgot to post this stuff on here. lol

My 1/2 mile run makes me the fastest (top speed) legacy in the world now :)

I believe I am the 3rd quickest in the world (maybe 4th) but quickest in the US.

Currently upgrading a few things in search of 9's. (upgrading my driver mod as well... Husband and I are going to split seat time this year)

I'm so sorry. I dont know how I forgot to post this stuff on here. lol

My 1/2 mile run makes me the fastest (top speed) legacy in the world now :)

I believe I am the 3rd quickest in the world (maybe 4th) but quickest in the US.

Currently upgrading a few things in search of 9's. (upgrading my driver mod as well... Husband and I are going to split seat time this year)

If you didn't have the fastest time, we might have to say something about your posting skills. :rolleyes:

"In search of 9's" - that made my day.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160502/d1846e46db52ce47de7ced1a56b560ed.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160502/2d3df33cccc0e0b35024fdb1e2c6ab7c.jpg

2008 Subaru Legacy GT 5eat

1/4 14.766 @ 95.67 mph

cobb ots stage 2, invidia catless dp, custom 3in catback

Numidia raceway

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

2005 Subaru Legacy GT 5MT

1/4 14.713 @ 95.39mph

Cobb OTS stage 2, invidia catted DP, turboXS UP, slipping clutch, heavy 18's, trunk full of things, stock exhaust, first time drag racing.

Lebanon Valley Dragway

I was car #71.

http://i.imgur.com/LLkuNT6.jpg?4

• 2 weeks later...

Went to LVD again, 14.447 @ 96.02mph. 60' was in the 2.08x range, so slightly worse than last time (my clutch hates its life), finally figured out launching from out of the groove on my last two runs of the night.

Same mods. Iced the intercooler between runs because heatsoak was a thing last time. Same amount of stuff in the trunk (cordless impact, toolbox, 12in sub and amp, hydraulic floor jack), didn't have anybody to leave it with when I was running. Got a couple of 97mph passes this time, but they were accompanied by garbage launches.

• 3 weeks later...

Not to nit pick - but I believe my time of 12.21 is faster than RomeSti's 5eat

That was on my stock auto when the car was making 255awkw. Lol

Have since trapped 125.8mph but with a shitty 2.4 60ft time (single scroll gtx3076 with GT spec large runner headers plus pre turbo leak = no brake boost).

Will be soon fixed with twin scroll goodness and hopefully a 10 second slip. Stock ej207 long block with arp headstuds

Mick

• 1 month later...

Hey guys... Sorry I've been MIA recently from the forums because we've been doing a LOT of traveling and racing lately.

So to clear a few things up.

In September we traveled from Texas to Chicago to race at Subaru Nationals where I FINALLY broke into the 9's with a 9.9 @ 144mph pass in the 1/4 mile. Here is the video, I'll post the time slip when I get to work..

I have been to some local 1/4 mile tracks after that, but I haven't improved much due to limited runs and poor track conditions. (I ran a 10.0@ 145mph the weekend after Subaru Nationals, but the next pass I did that day was on an oiled down track and I almost went into the wall so I decided to pack it up and head home.)

As far as what happened to my car this weekend...

I was racing at the WannaGoFast 1/2 mile event (an event I look forward to every year) and sadly on the second pass something failed.

At this time I am 99% sure I know what failed and why, but I'm not posting details until I pull everything apart and I'm 100% sure. I also want to reach out to the manufacture and work with them before I post up.

I will say that I have seen this part fail on other high hp subaru recently so I wasnt too terribly surprised when it happened. (super disappointed but not surprised)

But the weekend wasnt a complete waste because our other shop car went 180mph in the 1/2 mile and broke the record for fastest subaru in the 1/2 mile. So that's pretty awesome!

-Mary

I guess something happened to the car yesterday. Not good, but she's ok.

Yeah, sadly when the part failed it caused a LOT of damaged and the car caught fire. Fire wasn't too bad but it's bad enough that the car has no power what-so-ever now.

Just poking around yesterday I could only see one small wire to the coilpack that was completely destroyed by the fire, so hopefully it's just a "get a new harness and move on" kind of thing.

God I hope.

Not sure when I'll be able to pull it apart as we dont work on our own cars during business hours, so it's gonna be a slow process. :(

Glad to hear your OK Mary, also nice to hear the shop is busy enough where you don't have time to work on your own cars.

Good luck going forward.

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here