LegacyGT.com

What do i need to make a 2012 OEM STI TMIC work on my 05 Legacy GT?

i have no idea why people on the forums do that when people ask questions, its like they're your forums parents. if you don't want to answer the person's question just dont say anything, those posts are just unnecessary. i bet if the o.p. put out some wrong information everybody would be more than happy to jump on and angrily post the correct info but when a question is asked instead of giving the info you give negativity. Anyway, i may not be completely correct but as far as i know if your going to use an sti intercooler you will need and sti intake manifold as the throttle body wont line up from the lgt and wrx. you might also need the turbo, not sure someone else that has actual information might chime in. unless you have all the parts you'll need for a real good price its not really worth it to me, you can buy better aftermarket tmic for probably less then you'd pay for all the parts to make a sti tmic work. look into process west

^ lol, PW is most expensive option, and hardest to get right now.

maybe guy with 1 post should bite his tongue before he contributes useless info and makes the OP post even more questions that could be answered by simply perusing the forums.

Or maybe using the SEARCH feature, just once?

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

i have no idea why people on the forums do that when people ask questions, its like they're your forums parents. if you don't want to answer the person's question just dont say anything, those posts are just unnecessary. i bet if the o.p. put out some wrong information everybody would be more than happy to jump on and angrily post the correct info but when a question is asked instead of giving the info you give negativity. Anyway, i may not be completely correct but as far as i know if your going to use an sti intercooler you will need and sti intake manifold as the throttle body wont line up from the lgt and wrx. you might also need the turbo, not sure someone else that has actual information might chime in. unless you have all the parts you'll need for a real good price its not really worth it to me, you can buy better aftermarket tmic for probably less then you'd pay for all the parts to make a sti tmic work. look into process west

thanks man, there is a lot of people on this forum that will talk so much shit, its like if you dont like what u see, the dont look, dont write anything on it, move on, certain forums are good, certain ones have a bunch of douches who having nothing better to do but talk shit, but yea i was looking into it, its def cheaper to find a aftermarket tmic, THANKS AGAIN

Just search dude. Last thread proved you were a waste of oxygen so maybe try some research.

Lazy ass.

^ lol, PW is most expensive option, and hardest to get right now.

maybe guy with 1 post should bite his tongue before he contributes useless info and makes the OP post even more questions that could be answered by simply perusing the forums.

Or maybe using the SEARCH feature, just once?

all of you should do something better with your free time, clearly you have nothing else going on but sitting around and looking to start shit on peoples threads, if you have nothing to say about my topic, move on to the next one:spin: thanks

OP, the LGT and STI have two very different turbo outlet, intercooler and intake manifold designs. Just look at a few photos and you will see.

In short, to make an STI intercooler work you would have to swap over to an STI style turbo, intercooler and intake manifold (and a bunch of other small crap).

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

OP, the LGT and STI have two very different turbo outlet, intercooler and intake manifold designs. Just look at a few photos and you will see.

In short, to make an STI intercooler work you would have to swap over to an STI style turbo, intercooler and intake manifold (and a bunch of other small crap).

THANKS MAN! yeah def not worth it in my opinion

Well in everyones defense, when a new thread is started about topics and/or questions that have been covered multiple times, we see that as simply not taking the time to use the search function is all.

It's not just people being dickheads. Well mostly :)

Self proclaimed PNW Craiglist find of the day Champion, April 2014.

• Mega Users

If OP didn't start off his stay here by being a total asshole, peoe might be willing to help him. He's also a lazy ass for wanting everything spoonfed to him.

If OP didn't start off his stay here by being a total asshole, peoe might be willing to help him. He's also a lazy ass for wanting everything spoonfed to him.

how did I start off being a total asshole, ive been on this forum well over a year and this is the first time I've had problems

I've found if you google your question it should pop up with a thread of legacygt.com questions, if it doesn't ask the question. Yes at times using the search function is a PITA the guys with thousands of posts just get tired of us newbie's asking questions which have been asked plenty of times since they've been on the site.

Yes it would be nice if they just ignored the question but for some that cannot happen. Would love to see a forum of the new and old members face to face in a question and answer session. No DP's or FSB's allowed. :)

I called you annoying because you replied 3 times in a row to your own thread within about 20 minutes asking the same/similar questions that could've been answered with a cursory search and you flipped your sh|t, big time. I'm assuming that after your thread got locked, you deleted your own thread to hide your actions too.

Well, here it is again:

People like me get annoyed because when you ask questions that have been asked and answered numerous times before in the past, it shows that you're lazy and want to be spoonfed. This is a forum, where people provide and post information voluntarily. It isn't customer service or tech support that you pay for. So when someone tells you to search, it means the answer to your question is easily found. It means you should take 15 minutes out of your own time to get your answer, because chances are the answers provided are very thorough. You should take 15 minutes out of YOUR time instead of expecting US to take 10 minutes out of each of our days.

Or yeah, we could all just sit around, and not reply at all because the answers have been provided, and then you'd have to wait around for some guy like jdmstilvr whose very first post to you (bless his heart, seriously) is full of information that he's not sure of, suggesting that it would cost a lot to do this (which is true) and then proceeds to suggest you buy the post expensive TMIC for the LGT ever made. He had good intentions though, so I can't fault him for that.

The search function in the upper right can sort of suck at times, but here's what you should do instead:

Go to Google, and type in your search words and add in "site:legacygt.com" (without the quotes) and watch the results pour in.

OK Googled your question 2012 sti tmic on a 2005 Legacy gt

1st to pop up: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/sti-intercooler-111894.html

Just Google 1st then ask, now I see you're doing it again about catted DP's if you're trying to piss members off it's going to work. If you don't want to, open up your PP acct.

for answer withdraws and you may get some straight answers.

Archived