LegacyGT.com

Alternatives to ECUTek, Access Port.

andrew.anderson

This is a good place to discuss Free (or cheap) alternatives to ECUTek, Access Port and all the other hundred dollar plus engine management / re-flashing utilites that are out there.

I am cheap and I figured there are other cheap people out there.

I didn't search so if this thread already exists............my bad. :lol:

Yes that is a cheaper setup. But do you know how to tune it? I have been building engine for 15 yrs and I won't mess with my ECU.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Yes that is a cheaper setup. But do you know how to tune it? I have been building engine for 15 yrs and I won't mess with my ECU.

No, but that is the point of open source. You have to take a littl einitiative to find stuff out yourself. Also, most open source communities have a strong support network. I am sure there are plenty of ROMs out there that people will share with you.

You have to take a little initiative to find stuff out yourself.

:whore:

i'd suggest doing that then :lol::p

because if you search for open source, i'm sure you'll come up with a slew of threads, and a few websites to visit too like osecurom.org, openecu.org, etc!

:whore:

i'd suggest doing that then :lol::p

because if you search for open source, i'm sure you'll come up with a slew of threads, and a few websites to visit too like osecurom.org, openecu.org, etc!

The whole point of this thread is to create a central location for other to list adn discuss alternatives to ECUTek, UTEC and AcccessPORT.

If I search every thing out myself that would defeat the purpose

Which Subaru models do you still own?

One of the cool things about enginuity is that merchgod is constantly updating the defs and adding more features and more ecus. I know it supports quite a few Asian and European models and it may soon start supporting twin turbo's and normally aspirated ecus as well.

It doesn't sound like you are really into computers so you may want to get professionally tuned. It seems like a lot of the Cobb Protuners will tune opensource but they don't advertise it.

If you get a tune via internet, you should consider getting a WBO2 so that you can provide the tuner a reliable AFR trace. I don't know what kind of fuel they have in Europe but even in the US, different fuel and slight differences in stock air boxes easily results in +-5% differences in AFR.

Haha Bryan, that is because you are scary. J/K

You just have to start out slow without any major changes and work your way up from there. I can't wait until Cobb finally releases Steet Tuner for the AP2.

Haha Bryan, that is because you are scary. J/K

You just have to start out slow without any major changes and work your way up from there. I can't wait until Cobb finally releases Steet Tuner for the AP2.

Darn right I'm scared.:lol: I'll stick to engine building and leave tuning to the pros and brave /stupid. :lol:

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Archived