LegacyGT.com

What kind of car is that???? (its a Legacy!)

happened again today. sitting at a stop light. a guy in a crotch-rocket pulls up close on my driver's door between lanes. I see him (dark faceshield) scanning my car front to back. he lifts his shield and jestures towards my window.

I roll it down. He yells out, "What kind of car is that?" Of course, I say its a Subaru Legacy. He asks me if its a '07? I say no. Its a '05 and I got over 50k miles on it.

He says, "man, I never saw one of those before. Is it as fast as the STI?" I answered, well it can be even faster. They share basically the same engine.

He gives a thumb's up and rides away when the light turns green.

I can't add up all the times I've been asked what kind of car is the Legacy.

Incredible how poor a job SOA does marketing this beauty. Forget about a commercial raving on all the performance features. They just need a 30 second spot ad that slowly moves up and down the lines of this car and let its gorgeous design sell itself.

I'm not kidding.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sigh

"No, it's not a Toyota, it's a Subaru. yes I'm sure."

and

"oh, it's a 4 banger, yes it's peppy, trust me"

I'm also tired of my friends calling me an old man. They know better but they still give me crap for my "grand-pa car"

I wish Subaru would let people know what this damn car is.

Similar thing happened to me yesterday:

I'm in Wendy's Drive-Thru, I pull up to the window, pay, and get my food. As i'm about to pull off i hear "IS THAT A STICK SHIFT?", i look around but don't see anyone. The drive thru window opens again:

Wendy's Employee: "Is that a Stick shift?"

Me: "Yeah"

W.E.: "Really? Doesn't look like it would have a manual tranny"

Me: "Yeah, well it does"

W.E.: "What kind of car is that?"

Me: "It's a Subaru"

W.E.: "That's a Legacy right?"

Me: (Surprised) "YEAH"

W.E.: "YOU ROCK MAN, I LOVE SUBARU'S...ANYTIME YOU COME TO WENDY'S COME SEE ME, MY NAME IS _______."

Me: "Damn Boss, Thanks"

W.E.: "She sounds MEAN!"

Me: "Thanks man, see you later"

W.E.: "Later"

I'm still waiting on all the hot-chicks in bikinis to start going crazy over the Legacy Wagon .......... you know, start stripping and stuff.

.......... hasn't happened yet :icon_wink

??? Happens all the time, shoulda got the sedan:icon_mrgr :cool:

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

yeah it still blows my mind that ppl still have no idea what kinda car we have...LGT

Lets keep it a sleeper, its more fun that way :) "WTF is that camry doing passing my bimmer???!!11?!1"

I'm still waiting on all the hot-chicks in bikinis to start going crazy over the Legacy Wagon .......... you know, start stripping and stuff.

.......... hasn't happened yet :icon_wink

??? Happens all the time, shoulda got the sedan:icon_mrgr :cool:

:whore::lol:

Yup, just happen to me yesterday. 4 latina chicks in a car that pull up next to me. :dm:

ok so they weren't really in bikini's

and they didn't exactly strip.

but they said my car was hot. (or did they say I was hot?:icon_bigg)

sigh

"No, it's not a Toyota, it's a Subaru. yes I'm sure."

and

"oh, it's a 4 banger, yes it's peppy, trust me"

I'm also tired of my friends calling me an old man. They know better but they still give me crap for my "grand-pa car"

I wish Subaru would let people know what this damn car is.

dude! i love down playing this car. yeah its just a subaru. only 4 cylinders and its a wagon. then show them how slow it really is. i had some dick in a old cutlas or something try to pass me in the merging lane. so i jsut kept it in gear and accelerated to stay in front and let off, he tryed again now with the lane actualy ending so i accelerated again! and he almost ran into a curb! dumb ass!

had this happen 2 times in a period of 20 minutes. this is not all said to much typing

1. getting gas this guy tells me this stuff i should do to it. best one-classic a BOV.

i said-no

him- why not u get like 30 hp.

i- ahhhh no, it has recirc valve anyways because of the maf & doesnt get up any hps. blahblahblahblah

him- i like the exhaust what size is it.

i- 3inch

him- i have that on my civic from the header-back, but urs sounds different

i- cool, got V-tec? turbo,supercharger? mines from the turbo back, the sound diff. is from the engine/manifold config. & the turbo.

him- ahhhhhhhhh, turbo i want to get.......thats turboed...? what kind of car is this.....

i- ahhhhhh, a subaru legacy

him- is it fast?

i- no, have a good one..... i have to go

2.drive though taco bell

him- when u pulled up this thing sounds hard core, what year is it?

i- 05

him- (looks at the car front to back-starts shaking his head)dude, this car is awsome!!!!

i- thanks have a good one.

so im on my way home (my head swells a little)im thinking ok

1. guy talked out his ass, didnt know crap about crap. but liked the car, didnt know anything. he started to piss me off. he didnt know anything about his car.

second guy...... even if he didnt know what the car was(he didnt ask). im thinking i made his day. he truely seemed to like the car. ill take this kind of person anytime/anyday.....but that other asshat- no way.

a couple days ago, around `11pm-ish, i come to a stop light, i stop next to a guy in a 91-92 civic 4-door.....with his girl....he was probably mad at me.... she was loud i could hear her talking "what kind of car is that, i never seen that before"....grin.... i have to admit i was a bit of a showoff when the light turned green :D

should tell people it's hyundai.

car jackel: he man i saw a turbo hyundai today can i take one for a test drive?

hyundai salesman: :orly::confused:....nnooooooo

before the new camry's came out i was gonna try "this is a 2007/2008 camry test vehicle" but i never got the nerve to:lol:

but when i drive my car it feels like when i used to road test chrysler 300's and dodge magnums back in '02'03, ppl speculate when they noticed the cars....

At work three different people asked me how fast my new "lexus" is. I got to hand it to subaru, they have styled the legacy very handsomely and lots of people like it. Now they just need to get the name spread around a little more so people actually know what the heck it is.

How about this for the new LGT TV ad?

Well, hi to you too...Yes it is a pretty handsome car, it's fast too, would you like to go for a spin?...What is it? Well it's a, a, well it's a Subaru....No, really...Why is that funny?...No, it's not my mom's car....Hey, where are you going?

Voiceover: "Subaru, you'd better be really, really good-looking."

P.

Archived