LegacyGT.com

Broken into!

Today, I was in Croton NY, at some river swimming and jumping off cliffs with some friends, and we come out to discover my two front windows broken. Some asshats smashed both front windows and took my friends wallet and phone that was altogether worth like 20 bucks, and they left my $400 defi guages, $100 Flashlight, and $200 sunglasses, ******* strange. But to say the least owning this car has been the least bit enjoyable, between tickets and fixing things I have spent about $3000. At least I didnt catch the fucker doing it because he/she/they would have been drown in a river.

yea my car got broken into too, took my jacket and cd case wtFFfffff 145 for a new oem window (small rear one) gotta get it tinted again, what a pain. sorry for you though you got the 2 front windows broken you cant really cardboard it up like i did mines :(

Sorry to hear these stories. Were any of these items visible from outside of the car?

Don't leave ANYTHING in plain site inside your car! Thieves won't break in if they don't see anything to steal!

Heh, not a surefire but I have one of those but that was on me. Im hoping to set a trap, I talked to some locals they said it happened there before.... ima go back witha diff car leave a wallet on the seat and wait.... take some pics stop the fucker and call the cops.

Hate to say this, but how difficult is it for thieves to observe you parking your car and leaving it unattended to go SWIMMING???

Thieves know that most people do not go swimming with their wallets and valuables. Cars parked at swimming spots usually contain these items.

By the way, trying to catch the thief in the act and stopping him is real bright. Nothing like getting into a fist or gun fight over a lousy wallet.

Don't leave ANYTHING in plain site inside your car! Thieves won't break in if they don't see anything to steal!

If a thief sees you park your car at a swimming location and watches you head towards the water, he will assume you left your valuables in the car. He doesn't need to see anything though the windows. The odds are in his favor.

Sorry man, that sucks. I know what you mean about this car being a PITA sometimes. Lets trap the bastards & hand em a nice beatin
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Today, I was in Croton NY, at some river swimming and jumping off cliffs with some friends, and we come out to discover my two front windows broken. Some asshats smashed both front windows and took my friends wallet and phone that was altogether worth like 20 bucks, and they left my $400 defi guages, $100 Flashlight, and $200 sunglasses, ******* strange. But to say the least owning this car has been the least bit enjoyable, between tickets and fixing things I have spent about $3000. It's too bad I didnt catch the fucker doing it because he/she/they would have been drown in a river.

:icon_mad::icon_evil FIXED!

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

sorry to heat about this- I know how infuriting this is. It is good you didn't catch him- you'd come close to killing the bastard(s). Hope that the culprit is found, and sent to jail. That's where scumbags like that belong.

Putting off installing my jdm intakes for a month because I have to spend $600 to get my passenger door repainted. Some jackass through an egg at it, and it ate through the clear-coat down to the primer. Assholes. I know what I'd do. Nothing physical. Just sending the dirtbag to jail, and possibly spitting on him or her as they enter the squad car.

Unfortunately even if caught not much happens. At least that was what happened in our case. I think there was ~6k in damage just to our car and the guy hit at least 8 others so I would have to imagine the total damage was at least 20k. Well when teh police finally caught up with him (he was in county lock-up for something else) he confessed to it. We got a letter fromt he prosecutor asking us to give them a list of the damage, cost and how it affected us. Then about three weeks later we heard they gave him probation since it was his first offense (just turned 18) and we were awarded $100 that we still have not seen and I don't expect to. It sucks big time and I would like to kick his f-ing ass.

Sorry man, that sucks. I know what you mean about this car being a PITA sometimes. Lets trap the bastards & hand em a nice beatin

You mean rice beating, don't you?

Damn! That sucks! :(

From one guy who loves gauges (check my vBGarage) - and who is also a flashaholic (I've got an ARC-LS1 in the astray cubby, SureFire L6 and MrBulk VIP [plus my SureFire Z2/C2 frankenstein that resides with my Strider BT]) in the trunk) - to another, I truly hope they nail these dumb fu*ks! :mad:

----

On a lighter note, bro, what kind of flashlight was it, in your car?

Which SF do you EDC?

I EDC a E2D on my weak side, with a e1E/L1 combo in a compact Kydex rig on the right. Keychain's got a FireFlyII and a "Subaru"-badged Mag Solitaire.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived