LegacyGT.com

would anyone be interested in a FG side box for sedans?

16psibrick

i have a collegue who is very good at making stealthy boxes for various cars, he has a loyal customer base on various other car forums making enclsoures for epople.

his workmanship is EXCELLENT, and a great guy to deal with.

i asked him about making a driver or passener side fg sub box for the LGT sedans, and he is interseted, and acutally have access to a LGT...

so...i just want to see how much interest there would be....:

some details:

can fit a 10 for sure, 12 likely...

go on the driver side most likely and take up miminimal trunk space

carpeted to match the trunk

very heavy duty solid fiberglass/MDF construction

pricing is not set, but below 300 most likely, and with a group buy to start, perhaps quite a bit lower..

anyone, just wondering what kind of interest there would be?

b

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm real interested in that. Got a pic of one? I'd want one for each side though & able to fit 12s (yeah, I'm a basshead)
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

i have an 8" kicker solobaric sub. i love it, but want to free up my trunk! so if the price is decent and it'd fit my kicker, i'd be interested.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/trdvibe/2005%20Subaru%20Legacy%20GT/Ipod%20and%20Car%20PC/CIMG7026copy.jpg

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

okay, i will get on it and see what he can offer :)

elemental makes GREAT stuff at really low cost, the reasomn why they cost lower is not becuase they are cheaply made, but rather, they are an engineering driven company, devoid of hype, marketing and big overhead :)

if you order form them, mention that Bing from simplicity in sound referred so i can get some props :)

b

that would require a pretty small enclosure sub...i think we are leaning towards a side box :) what ever he makes, it will be of one design so...unless honestly there are a lot of poeple who want the other kind of box...

if you want such a box made for your car, PM me, i can perhaps build it for you myself :)

b

okay, hes is definetly interested :)

tommoorow, i will find a pic of a side box he sells for the impreza, so you guys can get a look at the quality of his work :)

as of this point, a passenger side box holding a 12 is probably the way its gonna go...but...it will be at least a week or so before he starts work on the legacy so...

we will see how this goes :)

b

I'm 100% in depending on cost and such, and would LIKE one on both sides...:D...if he's gonna do it, but would settle for a just a pass side one :(

can't wait....rrrrrr have been waiting, my last one I built in to the spare tire well.....def dont' wanna do that again, and it's WAY too much effort and I'm too much of a hack, I want the SpecB to be a flawless install :D

I know there is a market cuz SBXi was gonna make them for the wagon, Manville with the wagon.....and everyone was ask'n about the sedan......so there is def interest from more then just what is posted here....

beautiful. this is exactly what I want. one on each side for 12s. Hopefully we can get these
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

i will have him, his name is nazar, come on here himself soon and you guys can ask him all the questions you want :) he is scheduled to get a 05 legacy in to work on so...get your licks in soon hehe

b

Is it safe to assume that the box will fit in a '06 as well as it does in an '05?

Have been getting so desparate about this I was getting ready to go to Tap Plastics and get some FG to build my own. (I do have some experiance with fabrication, I'm just busy). 10" fitment please!

If you guys need another local fit car, I'm in Palo Alto. :icon_bigg

Archived