LegacyGT.com

Think I'm getting a raw deal

So I live in St.Louis and there are only a couple of Subaru dealers. Two of which do not have anything close to the car I want and the last had the car I want. I was up at the dealer about a week ago and told my salesman I wanted this car. When I asked if I could put a couple of thousand down then, to hold the car I was told no, I would have to buy it. Well in the following days I got a call from the sales guy who informed me the car was sold, when in all reality the traded it to a dealer in Kansas. Now that I have the title to my old car and the money I was waiting on the car that I wanted and and they traded is still available in Kansas. Issue is they want me to pay full sticker for a car that has been or will be drove from St.Louis to Kansas City twice (o' and the want to add the price for the driver to go back and get it). I don't think this is fair and now my wife is basically at the point of saying screw it and buying a VW. The only option I see at this point is just taking the deal and screwing myself.

Walk away. Go to another dealer and have them order the car you want.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

trust me I have contacted the other dealers and they say the same thing. If they have to go get they wont work on price and I either have to pay the driver to go get it and drive it back or pay part of the shipping if they have to send a hauler. I really wish Subaru was like Ford or Government Motors and had a lot every 100 feet.

Broaden your search and maybe take a road trip. Come to Florida, Subaru dealers here practically give away their cars. If you are going to pay for transportation you might as well go somewhere.

X

---

Yup, F'em and order what you want. Not sure what vehicle you are looking at, but if it's a non-LGT then the orders seem to be in the 2-3 week range so it's not too long of a wait. You might also find that you save money by ordering if there are accessories/options you want too, as they are cheaper to install at the port than at the dealership.

trust me I have contacted the other dealers and they say the same thing. If they have to go get they wont work on price and I either have to pay the driver to go get it and drive it back or pay part of the shipping if they have to send a hauler. I really wish Subaru was like Ford or Government Motors and had a lot every 100 feet.

Doesn't sound like you tried very hard. Try again, or go get a VW.

Order the car you want from Subaru.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

For ease of buying experience and fair price, check out Van Bortel in Rochester. They are #2 volume dealer in the US, and have a no-dicker pricing strategy. No negotiation necessary.

No deposit required, and all pricing on the web page. You might be able to negotiate a better deal somewhere else, but IMHO I like the stress free approach better.

Quick flight to Buffalo or Rochester and you are all set!

Curious (as a fellow St louis-en) which dealer. There's a few people who work at Lou fusz, deans, and i think webster too, on stlsubaru.com.. might wanna post a question... they've been helpful to board members before.

Remember for VIP pricing you have to be a member of one of the sponsored entities for a certain amount of time. I believe it is 90 days or so before you can get VIP pricing.

X

---

I had the same issues when I was looking for a new 08 LGT. I spoke with the local Suby dealers in the Omaha area. Couldn't get a decent price for a new 08 and they weren't offering much for trade-in. So I sold my car privately for $4000. more than they were offering for trade-in and then bought a brand new 08 LGT down in San Antonio for $3600. less than an identical 08 LGT in Omaha...(and got upgraded shock sensor and XM)

Well worth looking at other non-local dealers if you ask me.

You know I can give you the hook up if you are willing to drive to Omaha!

Whats that mean? Are you a dealer/salesman? :)

Brian

(Omaha)

2007 Legacy 2.5GT spec.B, Stage 2, ID1000, DW300C, Cobb Uppipe & Catted Downpipe. Tuned by Graham

1998 Legacy 2.5GT Premium 5MT

2013 Dodge Charger SRT8

You know I can give you the hook up if you are willing to drive to Omaha!

Don't believe this asshat. ;)

Didn't know you were on here. :cool:

Yes, Omaha is not a far drive from St. Louis. Worth checking nearby major metros for the car you want and driving a few to several hours to save potentially thousands. Screw those other guys.

You are getting Hosed.

I got a price for our car, but the dealer was 1.5 hours away, so before I could get up there it was sold. They had to get the car from a dealer 3.5 hours away and still honored the price which was about 2.3% under invoice.

2nd, coming from a VW, you might get you wife over on the forums, there quality isn't on the way up.

So I live in St.Louis and there are only a couple of Subaru dealers. Two of which do not have anything close to the car I want and the last had the car I want. I was up at the dealer about a week ago and told my salesman I wanted this car. When I asked if I could put a couple of thousand down then, to hold the car I was told no, I would have to buy it. Well in the following days I got a call from the sales guy who informed me the car was sold, when in all reality the traded it to a dealer in Kansas. Now that I have the title to my old car and the money I was waiting on the car that I wanted and and they traded is still available in Kansas. Issue is they want me to pay full sticker for a car that has been or will be drove from St.Louis to Kansas City twice (o' and the want to add the price for the driver to go back and get it). I don't think this is fair and now my wife is basically at the point of saying screw it and buying a VW. The only option I see at this point is just taking the deal and screwing myself.

I would run from this dealer and never return, that is if the dealer's offer is as you described. Go on the Internet and search for a car you want and a fair price to pay. There are a lots of honest Subaru dealers out there. Find one!

Jim

Don't believe this asshat. ;)

Didn't know you were on here. :cool:

Yes, Omaha is not a far drive from St. Louis. Worth checking nearby major metros for the car you want and driving a few to several hours to save potentially thousands. Screw those other guys.

lol. Just signed up. Looking for some info on tuning the new Legacy's. I'm in the middle of fighting the urge to add some mods.

And I'm a Sales Manager for a dealer.

Archived