LegacyGT.com

18x8.5 +30 wheels...plausible?

maddoc

Well if you want to both pull and roll your fenders and still rub then go for it. And yes, it will look ridiculous.

+1

This is with an 18x8.5" +48mm with 235/40/18. Front camber is around -1.7.

http://www.mcnproductions.com/lgt/suspension/advan7.jpg

I couldn't imagine 18mm lower offset...

-Mike-

Well if you want to both pull and roll your fenders and still rub then go for it. And yes, it will look ridiculous.

Yeah...no. I figured it would look ridiculous, but I'd ask.

Maybe I can get the company to make the wheels in a more Subaru friendly offset... like +40 to +48.

http://www.dubtuning.com/shop/images/stp1.jpg

18x8.5 +30 :( .... They look like SSR MS1s (which I want but can't afford)

i don't know much about this aggressive fitment trend, but from what i've heard the wider the wheel is (ex. 9 or more) you can manage to run lower offest (ex. 35-38)? On the contrary if you have less than 9" width and with +38 and lower offset it wouldn't work?

I know it sounds confusing but that's my understanding so far. :iam:

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

+30mm offset is too low. +38 may work with lots of negative camber and a heavy fender roll/pull. Im running a 18x8.5 rim with a +48 offset and 245/35/18 tires and a good fender roll. i can say with good confidence i can fit a 255/35/18 tire in there if i wanted to.

Her is pic of my car with the above combination of 245/35/18 on a 18x8.5" rim with a +48mm offset, rolled fenders,coilovers and ~ -2.0 camber all around.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3645/3395276165_2bb6bb53a6.jpg?v=0

but i went with really good tires instead in 17s. 235 dunlops star spec z1's

Those tires should be good... Let us know how they are. I'm trying 245/40/18 Bridgestone RE-11s, but they're going on a Forester so I have some room. :p

-Mike-

Those tires should be good... Let us know how they are. I'm trying 245/40/18 Bridgestone RE-11s, but they're going on a Forester so I have some room. :p

-Mike-

lucky. lol. i hear those tires are just as good? how long u been running them? i'll find out how the dunlops are this weekend. cant wait.

I've been running 18x8.5 g-forces on 245/40/18 tires for the past year. Suspension is Bilstein HD's with Swift springs, and fenders needed to be rolled. Front camber is set at -0.5, rear at -1.0.

As stated earlier, the g-forces to come in +48. Don't settle for the SVN's if you really like the g-forces.

lucky. lol. i hear those tires are just as good? how long u been running them?

The wheels/tires haven't come in yet, but I've used 235/40/18 Bridgestone RE-01R's for a while and like them. The RE-11's are supposed to be a bit better than those.

-Mike-

moss, you can run a 245 tire on LGT no problem as long as you are not slammed. Just get a 8" or 8.5" wide wheel and a +48 ET or lower. Neg camber will help too.

On Pinks right now, Will probably change out for Swifts. Looking for an 18x8.5 somewhere between +40 and +48... :)

I was HOPING the wheels I posted could be used, but I realized it would be a stretch to even consider a +30 18x8.5.

• 3 weeks later...
I just put my wheels on, they are 18x8.5 ET +48mm with a 245/35R18 tire and I occaisionally get some rubbing in the rear when the trunk is full and I'm cornering. I am stock ride height. I'm having the fenders rolled very soon to eliminate the issue. I think a +30 would be very difficult

Wheel Brand is XXR 518's specifically designed for use on Subaru's. Tire is Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sports. Overall section width on the tire is 9.8. The tires are very wide, so I'm not surprised by the little bit of rubbing. I elected to go with that one based on stickied tire review from one of the other members here. The rubbing is minimal, but occurs just enough to be annoying, I should have just rolled the fenders to begin with, lol.

Wheel Brand is XXR 518's specifically designed for use on Subaru's. Tire is Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sports. Overall section width on the tire is 9.8. The tires are very wide, so I'm not surprised by the little bit of rubbing. I elected to go with that one based on stickied tire review from one of the other members here. The rubbing is minimal, but occurs just enough to be annoying, I should have just rolled the fenders to begin with, lol.

you have the gold or black?? pics?

I went with the matte black/redline, and love the look! Makes the LGT look a lot more menacing. The Gold is very bright, and wouldn't have looked good paired with the QSM. I'll definitely post some pics up, can you tell me how to go about it as I'm a forum n00b.

Archived