LegacyGT.com

Driver's window switch died today

Mine did this on Sunday, had the windows down and the switch felt weird but didnt think much of it. Then put them up for the highway, tried to put them down about 15 mins later and no go. I messed with it back and forth a couple times, still nothing, then hit the lock switch even though I know it doesnt lock that one. It has worked fine ever since, although Im worried about it getting stuck down at some point.

Amy

04 FXT vf39 5mt

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here. All the switches work smoothly EXCEPT the drivers window one :rolleyes:. What the hell. Why didn't they make all the switches rocker style is beyond me. The switch feel absolutely sucks; although nothing has stuck ....yet. Think I'll have them replace it before the warranty runs out in a few K miles.

wierd, when cooler mine works more like normal. Now this afternoon when I go back out to the car it'll be a different story.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Mine's been doing it for over a year off and on. When the switch gets stuck, the motor overheats and trips the build in overload protection. Then you have to wait for the motor to cool down and the overload to reset.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Happened to me yesterday. This was the second time.

I dunno if this did anything but after pushing up and down on the button, I pushed it "forward". Sort of where the rocker hinge is towards the front.

The switch worked after this.

• 3 weeks later...
Whoa!! no way! You are having a problem with your Legacy?? (being very sarcastic) And yes, I am having the same problem with my car as well. Mine just altogether doesnt work sometimes. But then sometimes it does. Kind of like a lot of stuff on my car.

• 3 weeks later...

i have an almost brand new 07 legacy (bought in july). i was very disappointed that its malfunctioning already. rear passenger side window has stopped working completely.

can anybody tell me how to disassemble the door panel? i dont want to scratch or break any pieces.

Weird, I have a 05 LGT and guess what! My switch is starting to get clunky. Well I'll be damned....... I guess I'll add that to my service list.

sticky switch

rust in the engine compartment

tranny glitches

gee what could be next.............

i have an almost brand new 07 legacy (bought in july). i was very disappointed that its malfunctioning already. rear passenger side window has stopped working completely.

can anybody tell me how to disassemble the door panel? i dont want to scratch or break any pieces.

Why not get it repaired under warranty?

• 2 months later...
well, I got my switch repaired when I took my car for service over the weekend. Mine's an 05, but I bought the extended warranty for another 2 years, thinking that would cover parts&labor for the repair. NOT....they told me it's not covered under the extended warranty, had to pay $200 to get it fixed. Get it fixed under the original warranty if you have a problem with yours!

• 4 weeks later...
my switch would get stuck in the up position. i guess the motor would stay engaged even when the window was up. the window wouldnt move. after playing with the switch the window would work again. the dealer said to open the door and slam is shut when that happens to loosen the motor. this is funny becuase when i had it in under the 3/36 warranty they didnt find anything wrong but when the warranty was up they found the bad window switch. needless to say i didnt buy that BS and they fixed it for free. good luck

Dont know if this has been mentioned or not but my switch is also going. As soon as i get the extra money i will pick one up. the KOP ( thekingofparts ) sells them. Just thought i would mention that. I tried to pick one up off someone on here but they wanted 60 bucks for for it. New they cost 70 something. Figured i would just wait and get the new one. I am pretty sure this was brought up but considering i just woke up i am not fully functioning yet, but the 06 didnt have this prob nearly as bad as the 05's.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

I had the same problem in my 05 driver side window switch feeling really clunky and sitcky. If you press the other window buttons it should feel like that really smooth and springy. I had to dealership replace the whole switch panel under warranty.