LegacyGT.com

Suspension ??

chefdrew

What size fsb and rsb should I upgrade too? I have a 2012 na 2.5 legacy.

I have read that there are some wrx sway bars i could use. I am currently in warranty, the dealership would prefer me to use "subaru" parts, so whiteline & meghan are not an option. Are there any other suspension mods i could do utilizing some used subaru parts? Thank you for everyone's input.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

The front is 23mm stock, you could bump up to a stock '13/'14 stock bar, though, that's 26mm. The 20mm '15+ WRX rear bar is a good OEM option, and it's a fair bit cheaper than something like a Whiteline 22mm adjustable.

The front is 23mm stock, you could bump up to a stock '13/'14 stock bar, though, that's 26mm. The 20mm '15+ WRX rear bar is a good OEM option, and it's a fair bit cheaper than something like a Whiteline 22mm adjustable.

So what size is the current stock rear sway bar?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Stock is 16mm, so pretty much anything you do is going to be a night and day difference. I went with the 20mm WRX RSB myself, and I'm pretty happy with the change it made.

Not sure if you've seen it, but there's a long suspension thread going in the 5th-gen section, and there's a lot more info in there from a lot of people with more knowledge and experience on this stuff than myself. I'd definitely recommend taking a look at that thread, although that may start you looking at spending even more money on springs and shocks and such...

I realize that this forum is mostly about Legacy but If I'm correct the Forester rides on a Legacy chassis so I'm hoping to find some help here.

And I see that most people here seem to be concerned that their car's ride is too soft. That though is not what I'm experiencing.To explain ...

I drive mostly on city streets of varying quality. Almost never on rough surfaces ("off road" or "washer board"). While driving at legal speeds or even less, it is the relatively small road defects that greatly annoy me. Loud and bumpy. A example is the cracks more or less perpendicular to the roads (presumably there for expansion reasons) and other irregularities. Another example is the small lane marking reflectors which rise above the road surface.

I realize that shocks and/ or springs could be the cause.

So, what I'm hoping to find here is recommendations for which, springs or shocks or both, could help me get a softer and smoother ride.

Any experienced-based help will be appreciated.

forester is impreza based not legacy, if its just loud going over bumps look into your endlinks being replaced first its cheaper than springs and dampeners. Jack the car up and do the wheel bearing/ enlink check. grab the wheel at 3 and 9 and wiggle it if there is play it could be a tie rod. now do 12 and 6 if there is play there your bearing could be out which is probably not the case since you experience none of those problems

look for leaks on those dampeners and could give you an idea which one if any are bad. if all looks good after checking your endlinks and shocks for leaks look into your tophats on the side you hear the noise from most.

then you can make your own thread and not jack others.

good luck.

Archived