LegacyGT.com

Taupe LGT Limited interior...

It was suggested that the Taupe interior (which I like for it's cooler nature) is hard to keep clean...and

looking at some of the offerings I might tend to agree...as this LGT seems to need detailing...at least

prior to photos taken here for the sale advert?

http://images.cars.com/supersized/DMI/85364/18069.09.jpg

Would anyone with the Taupe Leather/Light carpeting wish to comment here on their experience caring for this interior?

Thanks!

Ran

I have had the same experience. I really hate how badly it stains! Anyone have the "magic formula" to get it clean? I have tried steam cleaning, that foam crap(couple different brands) simple green. Nothing gets it clean. Not completely at least. Any help would be great for both of us!

Luckily I have learned to listen to Mom on issues related to clean laundry and carpets, after 56 years she's almost always right!

In this case she has suggested I forgo the light and go for the dark interior and even an LGT non-linited with cloth seats as well...

As above, do let us know of your Taupe interior experience and how to clean them to look like new...is it even possible?

Cheers!

Leather lasts MUCH better than cloth for seats. A spill that's a simple wipe-up on leather may be a permanent blot on cloth.

Having said that, I'm ditching my tan carpet for black. The rest of the tan is fine - only the carpet is a PITA to keep clean. Many nicer cars use black carpet with their tan interiors and it's a very good look.

I see your point and thanks John...i was also considering a Black leather interior car and then swaping someone the black seats, etc. for the taupe/woodgrain trim that I (and my dog) like... keeping the dark carpet...would this look odd or? :D

Ran

Leather lasts MUCH better than cloth for seats. A spill that's a simple wipe-up on leather may be a permanent blot on cloth.

Having said that, I'm ditching my tan carpet for black. The rest of the tan is fine - only the carpet is a PITA to keep clean. Many nicer cars use black carpet with their tan interiors and it's a very good look.

I plan to do just this, I think it will look nice. I think the OB uses it this way in the 09? I could have sworn Carlcurry had black carpet. Either way the dash and black accents throughout the car should make the carpet match. I don't have problems cleaning the seats. Mine are a little dirty, but they seem to get clean when I scrub them. Just haven't taken the time. In 2 weeks I will be home and my Wife and daughter will still be home visiting family, so I will have one shiny car when she gets back...

I plan to do just this, I think it will look nice. I think the OB uses it this way in the 09? I could have sworn Carlcurry had black carpet. Either way the dash and black accents throughout the car should make the carpet match.
I assume this is in response to my querry as to having black carpet and taupe interior elements throughout the rest of the interior?

Thanks!

I assume this is in response to my querry as to having black carpet and taupe interior elements throughout the rest of the interior?

Thanks!

YES!! found a pic, gives you an idea, but I was highlighting the radio in the pic...

http://i56.tinypic.com/5nj3va.jpg

but I was highlighting the radio in the pic...

Don't you really mean 'highlighting' all of the fingerprints on the radio...as upon showing your pic here the concensus is

in that you (subconsciously perhaps?) wish to eventually work for the FBI in that department? :D

Regardless, great minds do think alike...and so whatever your chosen profession, thanks a million Dwalson...!

(and truly, a picture worth more than a thousand words to me, mate..!)

http://images.cars.com/supersized/DMI/85364/18069.09.jpg

On second thought, I really should buy a Taupe interior vehicle and just change out the carpet, easier by far...right?

...although cleaning the inevigable dirt and grime (from all those tiny-tiny perforarations!) in the very soon again

to be soiled taupe leather... (ok ok, blame my dog!) but one by one... nicky picky...and doing this Q-tip cleaning weekly,

methinks this might truly drive any owner... even me, clearly over the edge?

What WAS I thinking.... :yeahthat: ...OK and besides the worry that I am merely obsessed?

Oh yeah, I remember... the 5MT (non-limited) in ABP ...and as to the cloth interior...using cupholders,

(this discreetly mandated to passengers as well) so as to not spill coffee on the cloth seats...and OK,

some fresh scent Febreeze too....but only in a pinch... and I will miss that huge sunroof too...!

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh93/JRanmann/clothInt.jpg

I think I might have been well in tune previously, before all this leather/sunroof/limited/5eat stuff got all involved...

Thanks guys.... for helping to keep me on track! There's nothing quite so refreshing as geting back to basics...

Kampai!

Ran

Don't you really mean 'highlighting' all of the fingerprints on the radio...as upon showing your pic here the concensus is

in that you (subconsciously perhaps?) wish to eventually work for the FBI in that department? :D

Regardless, great minds do think alike...and so whatever your chosen profession, thanks a million Dwalson...!

(and truly, a picture worth more than a thousand words to me, mate..!)

On second thought, I really should buy a Taupe interior vehicle and just change out the carpet, easier by far...right?

...although cleaning the inevigable dirt and grime (from all those tiny-tiny perforarations!) in the very soon again

to be soiled taupe leather... (ok ok, blame my dog!) but one by one... nicky picky...and doing this Q-tip cleaning weekly,

methinks this might truly drive any owner... even me, clearly over the edge?

What WAS I thinking.... :yeahthat: ...OK and besides the worry that I am merely obsessed?

Oh yeah, I remember... the 5MT (non-limited) in ABP ...and as to the cloth interior...using cupholders,

(this discreetly mandated to passengers as well) so as to not spill coffee on the cloth seats...and OK,

some fresh scent Febreeze too....but only in a pinch... and I will miss that huge sunroof too...!

I think I might have been well in tune previously, before all this leather/sunroof/limited/5eat stuff got all involved...

Thanks guys.... for helping to keep me on track! There's nothing quite so refreshing as geting back to basics...

Kampai!

Ran

Well I would be really great lifting prints, I would know just by a quick glance who's they were....lol They were all mine. We did the JDM Double din switch and I needed another pic for the finished post, so when I did carl curry's I just took a pic for the forum.

I haven't tried 409... yet

also The "green machine" carpet cleaner I haven't tried, however I have tried another steam cleaner. Didn't work. I thought once a long time ago I saw a carpet cleaning thread, but it might have been a detailing thread too. Thanks for the inputs!

I have the taupe and when my '08 shifter boot and e-brake boot started cracking (covered under warranty, as it happened very early) I asked to have the boot replaced with a black leather one, the dealer was happy to oblige. The intent then and still is eventually to dye or replace the carpets to all black. IMO it doesn't look out of place sitting next to my seats and flows moreso into the carpet.

It is my understanding that all new models they did away with taupe carpet and are sticking to black?? can any one confirm/deny??

I too bought all weather mats almost immediately, but in any snowy climate, if you DD your car and get in some slush it's gonna get on the carpet, I had them professionally scrubbed once, it helped tremendously, but didn't completely remove the stains, kinda looked like the pic above. As for the leather, a good cleaning and treatment often enough keeps it looking new.

My uncle's Genesis was my inspiration to go with black carpet:

http://www.finddoug.com/cars/09genesis/IMG_3590.jpg

This is the best interior pic I have that shows enough of the carpet. My car's exterior color is also similar so it's a pretty good indication of what I'll have when I'm finished. New carpet is $300 so I haven't ordered any yet.

Archived