LegacyGT.com

Intermittent fluctuating AFR and throttle

I'm stage 2 with racerx fmic, I had a vf52 installed last summer, still running stock injectors but upgrading soon. Back then I'd get a fluctuation for a couple seconds maybe once a week/biweekly. It got worse over winter, new plugs installed, had all my hoses checked for leaks (not an actual leak test) couldn't find anything, now the fluctation has become a norm. Get P0138 often, had the front O2 sensor changed. Car doesn't have as much power as it use to, power will come once in a while for an entire drive then won't come back for a couple days. I bought a tactrix cable and logged, not sure what to look for any info from you guys would be great. Didn't get a chance to do a full third gear pull.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzIKOFBanm7heTZqY3dvbVJwVFE/view?usp=sharing

Just a few observations:

1. The AFR you're reading is not from a wideband, so I wouldn't trust these numbers completely, though they should give you a ballpark idea.

2. A FMIC is probably overkill for this turbo and with warmer temps, I'm wondering if this is the culprit of your qualitative butt-dyno evaluation. (I'm not far from you so I know it's been more mild).

3. Have you been tuned? If so, for what type of boost? I'm seeing 17-18 psi. Do you expect more based on previous experiences?

4. Injectors seem to be doing fine at 55% duty, but I wonder if fuel delivery is an issue since the AFR seems quite lean at WOT. Again, who's your tuner?

5. Noticed your WGDC is @ ~80% between 2000-2500 rpm. I'm certainly no expert but I'm wondering why the WG is working so much down low even when pulling vacuum prior to WOT.

Do you have another log to compare to from when you felt the car performing well?

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

You're right about the AFR I guess I spend more time looking at it than I do the rpm needle which does go up and down as well, as I can even hear the engine rev go low and high and it does this sometimes even in boost before steadying. I'm tuned my chefracer, it was a conservative tune. The car felt alive again a couple days before getting the tactrix cable so unfortunately I don't.

Archived