LegacyGT.com

Highway rpm's?

Yup. Pretty much the same. 68-70-ish MPH at 3K RPM (in 5th) and 3500 or so RPM at 80-ish MPH. Looking to swap out for a 6MT for an EJ some time in the near future. Or maybe just swapping out the gears. *shrug*
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

In all honesty, I haven't looked too far into the gear swap yet as I figure it would be easier to just swap the whole transmission. I would imagine that a gear swap IS doable as long as someone somewhere has gears that fit... *shrug*

Interesting being this is my DD and it is auto, i wonder if i could change my gears since the auto only uses the rear wheels when the front begin to slip...hmmm OH GREAT SUBBIE GODS???

Are you talking about switching the diffs or the transmission gearing?

I'd like to switch to switch the diffs. But, if that is not possible (which seems to be the case), I'm sure I'll end up switching for an EJ 6MT all together. You have any ideas?

I know subie has 2 diff ratioed diffs (like 4.3 and 4.6 or something) I'm assuming if you replaced both of them, it would be fine. Sl-i.net has a TON of swap info. I'd pop over there and search if I were you.

Will do. Thanks!

Archived