LegacyGT.com

SPEC Flywheel for there Clutches, Email them to produce it

Magic

I e-mailed SPEC about there clutches and also asked about flywheels, and this was the response.

We were planning to put the Legacy GT flywheel on for next month, even

though there haven't been many flywheel requests. Be sure to tell anyone

who is interested to let us know. We will begin finite element analysis and

determine what weight and material would be best for proper inertia based on gearing and the weight of the car in about 3-4 weeks.

David Norton

S.P.E.C., inc

800-828-4379

205-491-8593-fax

sales@specclutch.com

So everybody with 5 MT, needs to e-mail him. wether or not your currently in the market, you will be eventually, so help out out. e-mail them and lets get this ball rolling quick

Click

Here everyday:redface:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50,000 miles currently, about the last 10,000 on Stage 2 and it drives like new still but I know it's coming so I went ahead and emailed. Thinking I might just go ahead and replace the combo this summer if it needs it or not so I don't have to deal with it in the winter :icon_wink

Just received a reply back from "Dave Norton", and he said "They are currently seeking a sample flywheel from which to begin design. And to stay tuned and check back soon...."

Sample...OEM? I'm sure someone has a fried one that could be sent.

Yeah that was my understanding...Although, as a business looking to make money selling a product, why can't they just buy a new OEM flywheel, this way, they can be assured of it being in spec, and undamaged in anyway. I mean, it costs like what $500 retail. A very small investment for R&D of a new flywheel, of which they will make good $$$ on....

The other clutch co. Bully Clutch, I believe had a similar statement for not building an LGT clutch..."waiting for a LGT core pressure plate"....Buy one!!!! Cheap bastard's...

Just received a reply back from "Dave Norton", and he said "They are currently seeking a sample flywheel from which to begin design. And to stay tuned and check back soon...."

Got a similar email back.

I sent him the OEM part numbers for the fly, pp, clutch and a link to 1stsubaruparts.com. :lol:

I also mentioned not to make the flywheel too light as most all of us want to avoid chatter. He said that they would never make a really light fly for a "heavy" awd car.

I replied back and asked him if he knew the GT was only 3300-3400 lbs.....near the weight of a WRX.

• 2 months later...

Oh, as an update for you guys...

SPEC contacted me the other day and they have finished engineering work on their lightened flywheel and are ready for me to come and have the prototype installed on my car.

I should be going in the first week in June for the install :spin:

yup, just got an email too...

"..Just finished the prototype run and will have the run ready to ship

the first or second week of June. Thanks,

David Norton

S.P.E.C., Inc

800-828-4379

fax: 205-491-8593"

• 3 weeks later...