LegacyGT.com

Been searching exhaust options

I've been trying to find an exhaust package I like. I did some listening to sound clips on youtube of various exhausts and checking the prices of those that I like.

A video of the perrin catback really caught my attention but when I contacted Perrin, I was informed they no longer sold it. And a look around Cobb's site showed they have none in stock.:spin:

I've been looking around here for those that maybe running said exhausts and their power gains. I looked into the HKS Silent Hi-Power exhaust. Sounds pretty good but those pipes seem like they'd catch everyone's attention and I love the sleeper look of my car.

Mods (exhaust wise to my car) are: Invidia Catless up/down pipes. 3" mid pipe to 2.5" Y pipes and what I can assume are the stock mufflers.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you hit up the exhaust compilation thread?

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/exhaust-audio-video-clip-compilation-thread-102170.html

Lots of options to listen to...Took me a long time to find something I liked the sound of (and then find one for sale). I ended up buying an Autospeed off of a fellow forum member, very happy with it.

Best I could find was Planet Magnaflow for $635 delivered. I got mine about 2 weeks ago and found it was a bit loud for a family car. Went back to stock. Once I get a chance to take pics, I'll be posting it for sale. I even had the shop put a new mid pipe with a resonator, I must be getting old. The exhaust was on the wagon for a weekend.

nope, youre not getting old. the magnaflow is one of the loudest cbe's out there. lots have issues w/ the cabin drone as well.

outside of the car, different story. sounds awesome.

once you put that up for sale, im sure its going to be sold same day.

haha, i had to lookup kunkletown-yep its a real place!

I'm partial to my SPT catback. IMO I don't think anything sounds better (Cobb is a close second...but def 2nd). It's not the loudest but god damn is it throaty and gutteral. Sounds way too good.

Only thing is it's 2.5" (great if marrying to stock dp or 2.5" aftermarket....) but a 3" option would have been nice.

i heard that catless stock uppipes are pretty decent and you arent go to get much power from a aftermarket one.

also anyone have a sound clip of a stock cat back and a catless 3 inch downpipe? i want the power but not the sound

I run an Invidia Catless with a Magnaflow Catback. I don't have a sound clip, but I'm feeling nice today, so I'll make you one later on;).

Were you by chance on another car forum with the name awwsheet? I have a friend who went by "awwsheet" on a previous car forum, although I'm pretty sure you're not him, haha.

Im rollin magnaflow (with ERZ catted dp). i am a huge fan. I think greddy is sick too but both super loud. not family catbacks. im 23 so of course id like to make my car heard by anyone and everyone. My gf gives me isht about it sometimes but not too much. If i had kids or passangers in the back i would definately switch to Perrin, SPT or HKS (if i could find used) or another option. personally i very much dislike quadtips on our cars. Gimmik & Xo2 make very cheap catbacks for our car(check ebay). I have a Gimmik (brand new) i am trying to sell cause I got my magnaflow (along with stg 2 install) for a real good price. really cant go wrong, we have alot of good options. i can tell you this, magnaflow will be heard.

I've been trying to find an exhaust package I like. I did some listening to sound clips on youtube of various exhausts and checking the prices of those that I like.

A video of the perrin catback really caught my attention but when I contacted Perrin, I was informed they no longer sold it. And a look around Cobb's site showed they have none in stock.:spin:

I've been looking around here for those that maybe running said exhausts and their power gains. I looked into the HKS Silent Hi-Power exhaust. Sounds pretty good but those pipes seem like they'd catch everyone's attention and I love the sleeper look of my car.

Mods (exhaust wise to my car) are: Invidia Catless up/down pipes. 3" mid pipe to 2.5" Y pipes and what I can assume are the stock mufflers.

get the AVO, they sound really sweet, :)

Id love to get the Greddy SP2 for the legacy... but Im not to sure if it would fit. I know they are made for the wagon but I saw a youtube video with it on a legacy sedan and I got to thinking. I havent seen any around for sale though. I was also looking into the Cobb and the Borla.

Archived