LegacyGT.com

Warranty/Dealer issues once Stg2?

morrisok

I am guessing it varies dealer to dealer but I am curious what I should expect regarding my warranty after I go Stg2 (TDC DP/UP and TDC Stg2 map)?

Is aftermarket DP/UP that noticeable when the car is on the rack? The dealer I go to for maintenance sells SPT Intakes and cat back Exhaust.

Morrisok

I would expect almost all of your driveline warranty to be easily voided. It really depends. Theoretically, the dealer would have to prove that your mod caused the problem.

If your clutch or transmission starts having problems, I would think that they could easily say it was because the mods created extra power which broke the part.

If it was the ECU being fried by the fan relay then that would be a different story.

The only way to avoid the UP being easily noticed is if you use a STi uppipe or Bosal uppipe. Downpipes are easily spotted.

If you are worried about warranty, I would just get the SPT CBE and a stage one flash. BTW, does the SPT CBE come in wagon fitment? Because the sedan muffler tips are about 2" too short.

I brought Two Dozen Krispy Kreme Doughnuts to the dealer last week when I had them do my Fan Relay ECU/ECM replacement under warranty. Doughnuts cost me 7 bucks and well worth it. They didn't ask a single question about the UP, DP, CBE, or the worn out green connectors from unplugging and plugging so many times.

SO I'd say my dealer is MOD friendly.

Like mickey said... unless what happens is caused by the mods... you shoudl be cool. Remember subarus are know for modifications.... and most dealers sell parts themselves...

If you've done anything that potentially adds power, you'll lose any drivetrain warranty claim if Subaru wants to push the issue - their position will be it's designed for the stock hp & torque. And they'll win that one in court too...

I'll bet the number of "mod friendly" dealers keeps shrinking, as Subaru keeps cracking down on warranty fraud. The dealer isn't going to want to eat a major repair that Subaru won't reimburse them for.

BTW, does the SPT CBE come in wagon fitment? Because the sedan muffler tips are about 2" too short.

Yesterday I measured the new SPT CBE tip length - it's exactly the wagon length! That is it's about 2 inches longer than stock sedan exhaust.

Bottom line is, on the wagon, it will be tucked in like stock, on sedan it's sticks out by 2 inches.

The bad news is, however, it's louder inside that I expected.

Archived