LegacyGT.com

The STI bbs thread

lawl

WHEEL WIGHTS ON THE RIM OF BBS WHEELS!!!! Blasphemous!

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

Yikes!

one shop wants 1k to strip and repaint all 4 wheels. Another wants $600. Am I barking up the wrong tree's or are these normal prices? both are for "normal" BBS silver and clearcoat.

I guess I was thinking it'd be closer to $400-450 for the set...

Two words - Plasti & Dip

$7

yeah, it's becoming real clear why people roll this way. I actually pulled a bad black plastidip job off them when I got them. didn't even clean the wheel first, or put on very many coats except the face. pain just to peel.

was going to rattle can em too, with Wurth paint, but with a baby on the way, I just don't have the time these days, and expect to have none when she arrives.

gah. need to become independently wealthy, quickly, somehow...

Edited by Flinkly

yeah, it's becoming real clear why people roll this way. I actually pulled a bad black plastidip job off them when I got them. didn't even clean the wheel first, or put on very many coats except the very front. pain just to peel.

was going to rattle can em too, with Wurth paint, but with a baby on the way, I just don't have the time these days, and expect to have none when she arrives.

gah. need to become independently wealthy, quickly, somehow...

I've gotten quotes for around $100 dollars a wheel for powder coat. This was a few years ago but I would expect it hasn't changed all that much. Maybe something worth looking into?

called around a lot yesterday and got quoted 125 a wheel and lifetime warranty. not good for curb rash, but if it peels or yellows, i'm covered. in actuality, I'm only really looking for a 10-foot paintjob. just something clearner than what they are now, covered in chips and rash.

Also gonna get a good deal on some DWS06's. finally rid of these terrible Dunlops I've ridden on for years...

question for the masses, i have an 08 Spec.B that i'm going to be picking up a set of 04 STi's sometime next week.. my question what size spacer do you guys recommend to get these wheels "flush" with the fenders? the car isn't a daily so i'm not worried about the wheel bearings etc.. i just cant stand the sunken in look of my stock Spec.B wheels granted it won't be as bad with the BBS' but it still won't sit how i prefer like with my 8.5's, and 9s that i have ran in the past. i know i could easily figure this out once i have the wheels and simply measure them but if anybody has done this before or know the perfect "size" i would like to go ahead and order spacers before i even get the wheels and get the car ready for transplant.. among the other things i'm working on. thanks in advance guys and cheers!

• 8 months later...
Can anyone please tell me if stock 04 sti wheels will fit over black brembos from a 2015 sti?

100% will clear. They use the same caliper just different bolt pattern.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got mine on over the weekend. Tires are 235/45/17 Continental ExtremeContact DWS06.

http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g378/98legwag/2009%20%20Legacy%20R/20160417_143819_zpsh2ffhcqn.jpg

http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g378/98legwag/2009%20%20Legacy%20R/20160417_075128_zps8wxtcyap.jpg