LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket Sirius Pre-Installed Question

RJS5689

Hey everyone, I've been absent from these boards for almost two years (I sold my SpecB). I recently got my friend a great deal on a 2008 Legacy Limited, though. The previous owner installed an aftermarket Sirius tuner into the cubby space on the upper dash. The satellite receiver does not power up, though. Before I pull the headunit out to have a look, I wanted to get some advice from audio experts on here.

I see three wires off the back of the Sirius unit. One is an antenna (which is mounted on the roof), the others must be power and some sort of connection to the headunit, I'm assuming? What should we be tapping into for power and how?

Pressing the "Aux" button on the dial switches to his aux input, which works properly. Pressing the "Sat" button does nothing, which suggests to me there is no connection made to the Sat connector on the OEM headunit.

Any advice on what to look for is greatly appreciated.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/rjs5689/0611141928_zps98e515ac.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/rjs5689/0611141926_zpsbd3abb3f.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Sat button will only work for the factory Sirius setup. I had mine set up just like this you need to run the output from the Sirius to the auxiliary input and it should work. I just used a splitter on mine to switch from sat to iPod. Now I have a whole new setup.

Sent from my XT886 using Tapatalk

My 2005 doesn't have the Aux inputs - but as noted you can get an adapter that piggy backs off the FM Antenna Connection for a hardwired FM Connection.

Either way you'll need to get to the back of actual stereo and check the type of connection and maybe replace the connection wire.

I wouldn't expect it to be a big deal - and even if it's a bad Sat. Unit - those are easy to come by as well....

Archived