LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket HeadUnit with auto-climate control

mattaleao

I'm kind of confused.

In my GT limited, I have a double-dim unit obviously, but i also have the auto-climate control. From the research i've done and people i've spoken to, nobody seems to make an audio kit that supports the auto-climate control.

Is this true? Am I out of luck for putting an aftermarket head unit in my LGT?

http://images.cars.com/supersized/DMI/7812/14837.09.jpg

Search search search.

It CAN be done, but if you want it in the OEM head unit location, it's insanely difficult as both the head unit and climate controls are on the same circuit board, so it requires hacking that board and doing 160+ tiny solders. A company used to make custom kits, but they're no longer offering them at this time.

You can add one where the cubby is, either single din (there's a kit for this), or double din (people have fabbed up stuff on their own). But there's some hacking of some parts behind the cubby.

Do some searching on this, you'll find 100's of threads about it.

The Jazzy board works great, but if it bother you (it seems that everything bothers someone) then swap in a newer head unit.

I'd love to get an '07 headunit but are they sold anywhere? I'm having trouble locating them.

where is the aux port go after you swap the radios? is it still in the center console like in the 07's? because the 05's dont have that.

Yes, that's where it goes. You'd probably have to source the cubby in the center console w/ the aux in input, and also the wiring harness that goes TO that connector there.

The Jazzy board works great, but if it bother you (it seems that everything bothers someone) then swap in a newer head unit.

The "silent CD" thing bothered me too, enough to spend $500 on the

P204 (aka. '07) head unit. Of course, supposedly the P204 has better

sound (with SRS WOW W'everTF that is) and I think I agree.

If I were going to save the $500, I think I'd get the "soldering required"

modification option, a thread in this sub-forum that is inexplicably

non-sticky.

Time to get a Chase Subaru Master Card and start racking up some Subie bucks! That's how I paid for my '07 HU.

So, you get 3 Subie bucks for every $100 charged, is that right ?

And no annual fee ? And the mail-order parts suppliers we love

take these "Subie bucks" ?

You can find most of the Subaru parts here and now. You may need to order a harness or something from the dealer. That should cut down on costs if you don't want the Jazzy mod.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106112&highlight=cubby

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108805&highlight=aux

These first two links won't do him any good, as they're manual HVAC controls. The manual hvac control head units and the dual zone electronic control head units are NOT interchangeable. If you're unsure about information, please don't post it, as it may give the OP false hope about things.

These first two links won't do him any good, as they're manual HVAC controls. The manual hvac control head units and the dual zone electronic control head units are NOT interchangeable. If you're unsure about information, please don't post it, as it may give the OP false hope about things.

Noted. Fixed previous post.

Mattaleo, Sorry if I gave you false hopes about things.

No worries guys, I saw the fix before I went looking at those threads :)

I talked to my pops and he's gonna see if he can get me a 07 HU on the cheap ~$200 - that seems like the cleanest way to do it.

Just in case the question comes up - will an '08 work as well? Or no.

So, you get 3 Subie bucks for every $100 charged, is that right ?

And no annual fee ? And the mail-order parts suppliers we love

take these "Subie bucks" ?

Yes, yes and as long as they're a Subaru dealership. Fredbeans and subarugenuineparts.com are 2 I've used my "bucks" with. Fredbeans will even sell you non Subaru stuff for Subie bucks.

No worries guys, I saw the fix before I went looking at those threads :)

I talked to my pops and he's gonna see if he can get me a 07 HU on the cheap ~$200 - that seems like the cleanest way to do it.

Just in case the question comes up - will an '08 work as well? Or no.

Yes, an '08 will work, I've verified it myself. As long as the part number is 86201AG67B.

VIDEO0007.flv video by zmarko - Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://vidmg.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v319/zmarko/VIDEO0007.flv@@AMEPARAM@@vidmg@@AMEPARAM@@mg@@AMEPARAM@@v319/zmarko/VIDEO0007

Archived