LegacyGT.com

05 LGT 353/ 360 awd dyno (400/400+ dynojet)

Hey guys, I realized I never posted a dyno video after I put the Dom 1.5xtr in so here goes. Tuned on an awd dyno so I'm not nearly as bummed out at the lower numbers. On a dynojet dyno I was over 400/400 so I'm more than happy with the results on a reliable street build.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/rwgDR4t5VsM

Car: 2005 Subaru Legacy GT

Tuner: Joel @ QED

Dyno Info: Dynocom AWD dyno

Transmission: OEM 5MT

Gear: 3rd

Peak HP at RPM: 353@5600

Peak Torque at RPM: 367@4160

Baseline hp/tq for a stock on same dyno: Not sure

Target Boost: 20 psi

Fuel: pump 93

Modifications:

Motor:

Topspeed RR1: EJ257 Short block conversion from an 04 STi (stock EJ255 Heads)

CP pistons

JDM 12MM oil pump

Cometic head gasket

Killerb Oil pickup Tube

Blouch Dom 1.5xtr turbo

Walbro 255 fuel pump

Allpro TGV Deletes

Perrin Turbo Inlet

Grimmspeed 3 port EBCS

Mishimoto Radiator

WBR Front mount intercooler

Driveline:

ACT clutch with flywheel from a 2008 WRX (Rebuilt by Clutch Specialty Auto)

Transmission snout (covers wear from stock but makes some noise)

Brakes:

StopTech pads

StopTech rotors

StopTech steel braided lines

DOT 4 Super Blue for brake and clutch

Suspension:

04 STI gold BBS Rims

JDM Spec B REV B Bilstein suspension

COBB front and rear sway bars

whiteline front roll center and whiteline steering rack bushings

Perrin PSRS

Whiteline Front Inner Control Arm Bushings

Whiteline Front Heavy Duty Steering Rack Bushings

Whiteline Front Roll Center Kit

• 2 months later...
Nice Results!! Im looking to do a Dom 3 on my legacy, and it looks like your setup with minimal engine mods turned out pretty sweet! How does it feel on the street? any plans to go to the track?

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Nice numbers. The dom turbo is a great turbo.

You'll be happy with the dom 3. If you ever want to try it out let me know. I've had my dom 3 on for almost a year with no issues. I live about 8 minutes from you too.

Thats really ironic! Lol ive been talking about planning a meet up in the bel air area with a few local members, id love to go for a ride sometime and check out your car!

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Nice Results!! Im looking to do a Dom 3 on my legacy, and it looks like your setup with minimal engine mods turned out pretty sweet! How does it feel on the street? any plans to go to the track?

My block is quite a bit more than 'minimal' STi blueprinted block from a time attack car w/ forged internals, bigger oil passages, ect. With that being said, it's a ton of fun and I've never had more fun in a car than this. I have started tracking the car and it handled beautifully. Time to do a BBK though..

Which dynojet did you make 400/400? What header are you running?

Idk the specifics on that dynojet, I was tuned on the dynocom 2 roller awd dyno. I'm running stock header believe it or not.

My block is quite a bit more than 'minimal' STi blueprinted block from a time attack car w/ forged internals, bigger oil passages, ect. With that being said, it's a ton of fun and I've never had more fun in a car than this. I have started tracking the car and it handled beautifully. Time to do a BBK though..

Idk the specifics on that dynojet, I was tuned on the dynocom 2 roller awd dyno. I'm running stock header believe it or not.

Got ya... I only saw cp Pistons in your above description, no details on the block itself. Anyways looks like a fun car! Any reason you didn't go with a bigger turbo since you have the block built for a lot of boost?

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Got ya... I only saw cp Pistons in your above description, no details on the block itself. Anyways looks like a fun car! Any reason you didn't go with a bigger turbo since you have the block built for a lot of boost?

The block was built for a racecar (TopSpeed used in the One Lap America race) but it's been very well loved in a couple cars before mine and I didn't want to run crazy boost through the thing. I didn't want to go Rotated bc I don't want to finance all the stuff needed for a rotated twin scroll setup just yet. I was thinking the transmission would be next but it's holding perfectly w/o a single problem so next is probably a BBK and coilovers (the blisteins are starting to creak a little bit.. damn speed bumps)

I could run tons more boost through the thing but the way this motor is setup it's an oil burner as a daily but at the track I lose 0 oil which is annoying. I am getting another block to build up slowly that I want to push a bit more power through it, hopefully about 430-450whp.

Archived