Georgia roll call

tougefox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't been on in a while ... figured i would drop you guys a line.

Was excited to go to SOWO since i totally spazzed and forgot all about Formula D this year but of course i didn't go to SOWO.

Why you ask? Because i drive a turbo'ed subaru. SMH. Car went down only days before SOWO. The sliver lining is i heard how terrible it was.

The younger (not so mature) crowd is taking over and ruining things for the enthusiasts. SOWO was such a nice event years ago and now is getting banned from Helen, GA ... that's just sad.

If you are unaware of the petition to ban SOWO see here ... BAN SOUTHERN WORTHSEE

Edited by Chameleon

I don't run with that kind of crowd and don't enjoy those type of crazy events where illegal crap happens. I also don't enjoy over priced crowded tourist towns. Therefore I could not care less about what happens. But - you make a tourist town that exists off tourist money on a mountain road? Deal with the boy racer tourists.

That's like Florida towns complaining that college kids are too rowdy on Spring Break.

I don't run with that kind of crowd and don't enjoy those type of crazy events where illegal crap happens. I also don't enjoy over priced crowded tourist towns. Therefore I could not care less about what happens. But - you make a tourist town that exists off tourist money on a mountain road? Deal with the boy racer tourists.

That's like Florida towns complaining that college kids are too rowdy on Spring Break.

^This. I didn't go to SoWo because I thought it might be a bit like the ass-hattery that indeed ended up happening.

Does anyone on here track their car? I did one a couple weeks ago and loved it and I'm thinking about going to Roebling Road for another one July 11-12th. $250 for two days of track time isn't a bad deal, plus having a friend as an instructor to help me go faster also helps!

Nope. I adhere to the old addage "If you cant afford to break it you cant afford to race it".

Fair enough. I just figured why not take the car to the one place where I can see what ALL of the power feels like. My goal for this year was to mod less and drive more (The Dragon, Touge, track, maybe AutoX) :icon_mrgr:

Who is ready for BBQ?

The next Bi-Weekly WRXAtlanta/86 Atlanta Dinner meet: Grand Champion BBQ, Roswell

[An annual favorite]

7:00 PM June 2nd, June 16th:

Park in the middle of the lot away from the restaurant which is generally pretty open for a good line-up of cars.

If you post 'going' to the FB site it really helps us get a headcount for the Hosts to seat us promptly.

Map: http://goo.gl/maps/QXNPW

Yelp: http://www.yelp.com/biz/grand-champion-bbq-roswell

More info on the bi-weekly dinner meets at: http://wrxatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36125

Does anyone have an idea what '89 Diahutsa 4/4 micro truck would

Be worth? New rebuild engine, truck not pretty, not in bad shape. Engine sounded good. 37k miles. Looked like deer hunter that wanted a heater...

So... I might have bought a huge brake caliper setup for my car.. 6 piston front 4 piston rear AP Racing brake caliper setup! I'm sourcing the pads and rotors and I can't wait to have some major stopping power ready for the track!

What's everyone else up to? This forum is always so quiet.

wheels going to be an issue?

Just bought new rotors and pads and getting all the parts ready to drop in the 52, EBCS, Perrin short ram and then a tune

I believe the wheels should still fit. The AP kit is thinner than brembos and people are running those with these wheels, I think rotor size will be key. That being said, I am looking to trade my 04 gold bbs wheels for 18's if I can find a set that aren't crap.

Sounds like things are coming together for more power! Stoked to see the progress.

Just looked at your thread, how come you don't post much of your build? I always enjoy looking at progress for ideas, PNs, and whatever else.

I try to keep my wrxatlanta build thread up to date, so I guess I don't like duplicating my lists? I will update it once I do the brake install. Yes, I'll include lots of pictures, just bought my wife a dslr. :cool: