LegacyGT.com

(2013 Legacy vs 2014 Forester) with Eyesight

eggpulusu

Reviews from anyone with Eyesight installed?

Considering Subaru because of purely Eyesight. Cannot believe they do not have BLIS...even stinking Nissan, honda, Toyota has them :lol:

Debating between 13 legacy and 14 forester? My wife driving skills are beginner so good visibility, ease of parking, safety features are the only req.

I have eyesight in my Legacy and it is great. The best part is the active cruise control. It maintains its distance from the car in front of you by adjusting the car's speed. I live in NJ and there is a lot of traffic. As cars dart in front of you, the Subaru automatically slows down and then speeds up when the jerk moves away.

The lane departure will make you a better driver. It dings the alarm every time that you drift too far to side on the road.

I really don't need a BLIS. The legacy has great visibility through the windows.

I had looked at the Volvo S60, but there were no vehicles available with the Technology package (adaptive cruise control) and BLIS.

When I looked online for Volvos in general, I was amazed at how little inventory was on hand at dealers. You can't sell cars if you don't have any of them in stock.

I had looked at the Volvo S60, but there were no vehicles available with the Technology package (adaptive cruise control) and BLIS.

When I looked online for Volvos in general, I was amazed at how little inventory was on hand at dealers. You can't sell cars if you don't have any of them in stock.

All S60's come with City Safety, but if you want adaptive cruise and pedestrian auto brake you have to order the Tech pkg. I don't think any dealer carries that combo. Truth be told I don't even know how we were able to find one in 2011.

We ended up having our dealer do a dealer trade for it at an end of year clearance. It was brand new so it must have been ordered just for their showroom. Our salesman told us pretty much no one orders the Tech pkg.

Volvo already discontinued the S40 and the C30 and C70 are getting dumped. So with only four models to sell, inventory will get tighter and dealers won't have much to sell. The bright side is that Volvo will have to bring other models for USDM. I'm really hoping to see a V60.

BTW, City Safety works really well. It already saved my wife once from rear ending someone who cut her off in traffic. I don't even want to know what it would cost to replace the front end of her car.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

With the 30 and 40 series built off the Mazda 3 platform, and Ford getting out of the Volvo business, I wonder what they'll use for the replacement platform?

BOT - Am looking forward to driving a 2013 / 2014 Subaru with Eyesight.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 4 weeks later...
I have eyesight in my Legacy and it is great. The best part is the active cruise control. It maintains its distance from the car in front of you by adjusting the car's speed. I live in NJ and there is a lot of traffic. As cars dart in front of you, the Subaru automatically slows down and then speeds up when the jerk moves away.

The lane departure will make you a better driver. It dings the alarm every time that you drift too far to side on the road.

I really don't need a BLIS. The legacy has great visibility through the windows.

2nd-ing everything you said.

I live in the DC area so next to the google car, given the available technology on the market, it's as close to a 2nd as it can get.

EyeSight is simply awesome. Probably one of the several critical features that influenced my decision to switch over to Subaru. I've logged about 3000mi on EyeSight and it hasn't steered me wrong yet. In fact, it saved my rear end a few times. Just wish it was a standard option for all DC-area idiots...err drivers.

It's great for stop and go traffic, just set the cruise for 25 mph and it'll tail the car in front of you, even at a near halt. Once it does come to a stop, you'll have to tap the accelerator slightly to let it know you didn't fall asleep, and it'll resume tailing. Of course it's no substitute for paying attention, but certainly makes gridlock a little more bearable.

The three distance presets are a nice feature too. Even though I typically run it at maximum allowable distance (three bars), sometimes it gets a little sensitive in heavier volume and will try to keep the distance - at the expense of the nerves of the driver behind you; but they shouldn't be tailing you to begin with.

I've yet to see another Subaru with the system, but always on the lookout.

Archived