LegacyGT.com

Bad LV after block replacement

LieutenantDan

• Mega Users
I had a new shortblock put in. The timing belt delaminated and bent 4 valves. It's back together and is running but it is not happy. Pulled a LV after a few hundred miles and got ugly results. Was infamous e-tuned on old block. Its at the mechanic again and I'm trying to figure out if its tune related or mechanical (chicken or the egg). I started this thread so I could host my LV and pm it to Infamous1.

1397352190_LearningView_SS_7-27-201111808PM.jpg.bec1afe15297bb6cbede9abd5ae1ceb3.jpg

Yikes, I thought maybe you were reusing the original timing belt on the rebuild and it crapped out. Didn't realize it was a new one. Usually you're smart to replace it during a rebuild. It stinks when you do the right thing for a build and it doesn't work out.

Wow thats big knock. Ive only seen those numbers when my knock sensor went bad. GLWfix.

OT: were there any CELs to indicate your knock sensor was bad or was it just being sporadic and occasionally detecting massive false knock?

Cool, love it when it works out to be something simple.

:whore:

• Mega Users

Well yeah but considering this car's past it could've been anything.

I stopped driving it the second it starting missing and had it towed to the shop

where all of the work is still under warranty. It had also been a considerable amount of time

since I had pulled a LV because the car has either not been running or in and out of the shop.

I kind of freaked out, what can I say

cool beans...glad its fixed and you have the tools to monitor it...On a sad note, my Tactrix 1.3 cable died this week. Going to get a 2.0 just in case I buy a CANBUS Suby.
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

• Mega Users

They were already on there...

The only thing we could figure out was to put the stock rear springs back on.

That mostly leveled it out. It does look slightly lifted now which is fine with me.

My only intention was to replace the worn out suspension, didn't care if it raised, lowered, stayed the same.

I'm thinking about how I can raise it a little more throw some nice fat tires on there and call it a day.

For Reference

Edit: I got the part numbers off the struts and verified that they were in fact what they are. Maybe its an issue with the "lowering" springs. I just don't feel like trying to figure it out

Archived