LegacyGT.com

Re-tune after new shortblock?

LieutenantDan

• Mega Users
I just recently had my shortblock replaced. I have an Infamous1 stage 1 tune and I was wondering if its necessary or just a good idea to get it re-tuned. I'm not too familiar with what engine parameters were used when I logged it. I don't recall seeing anyone else having done that. I've already PM'd Infamous1. I just wanted to make this for my and everyone else's reference. Thanks in advance.

I think it depends..if the tune was done when the car was healthy, I would just keep the existing tune infamous tune. However, if the tune was done while your motor was on the way out, you should get it retuned.

In either case, log it to check if you are knocking.

Review logs and see if it needs it. Like B said, if it was tuned when it was healthy, then nothing has really changed.

It would be a good idea to know why the block failed in the first place. If it failed because of the tune, then I'd suggest getting the car retuned.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Review logs and see if it needs it. Like B said, if it was tuned when it was healthy, then nothing has really changed.

It would be a good idea to know why the block failed in the first place. If it failed because of the tune, then I'd suggest getting the car retuned.

This.

Archived