LegacyGT.com

Official 3.6R Mod List

I think one is driver side wideband sensor and the other is passenger wideband sensor but I might be wrong. There are a bunch of different af readings from different parts of the car. Here are just a few of the readings you can monitor.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/22/3b261e67c813d4f0bf30a4396a17dfd7.jpg

Unless your Tactrix cable is plugged into your car, it will show you every single parameter for every car it works with. It doesn't mean you will have it available for your car. Once it's hooked up to the car, you'll know which parameters you have available.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless your Tactrix cable is plugged into your car, it will show you every single parameter for every car it works with. It doesn't mean you will have it available for your car. Once it's hooked up to the car, you'll know which parameters you have available.

True but most are available on the 3.6r.

My 2012 was tuned, with no other mods. Back to stock for now, but thanks for thinking about me! :)

Give me a link anyway and I will put it on page 1.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

I'll get mine tuned once I find the right exhaust.

Already have the Takeda installed.

Single out...going twice....

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

transmission cooler.

I looked from underneath and it appears the line previously going to the drivers side of OEM cooler is going to the passenger side of aftermarket cooler.

The driver's side of aftermarket cooler now connects to the original location of OEM cooler ( driver's side ) and continues to the passenger side and back into the transmission.

20140823_154616.thumb.jpg.f1d6741a2e8b184d51ee518aaa34e5db.jpg

20140823_154639.thumb.jpg.3dd46bddde5da3497b8218513e938684.jpg

20140823_154655.thumb.jpg.cdb46a384edffcf6b78a2c364f188f36.jpg

20140823_154711.thumb.jpg.ab92f570154ecd3a2b88442b584c01a2.jpg

What actual MAF voltage do you generate?

Most VF52 setups only get into the 320's. Yet to see a 3.6 crack 240g/sec without boost since the stock injectors only have enough fuel for 250 or so :)

Looking at my logs the highest I've hit is 231 @ 1.6v

I been doing TCU tunes longer than anyone ;) Check previous post about the Outback 3.6 with low boost turbo kit. Even perfected the 2.5i CVT Tuning

No doubt, I was just saying that no 3.6r on this forum has had theirs tuned yet, not that they won't all be soon with the Race Rom coming out. :D

What actual MAF voltage do you generate? Most VF52 setups only get into the 320's. Yet to see a 3.6 crack 240g/sec without boost since the stock injectors only have enough fuel for 250 or so :)
I will have to check this for you, maybe on the dyno because torque seems to only give me g/sec or cfm. I've switched back from the cfm to g/sec recently and similarly to stevenc1703, I see 230g/sec, 240g/sec. I believe I've seen as high as 250g/sec.

With the same filter elemenet on a 2015 WRX, and a target boost of 19psi - we pegged the 2015 WRX MAF @ 300g/sec @ 4K RPM and above.

Switched back to a standard cone filter and see about 200-210g/sec (@16-18psi, 4.9-5K RPM, WoT, 50mph). I believe the highest logged on the dyno was 250-260g/sec.

I will have to check this for you, maybe on the dyno because torque seems to only give me g/sec or cfm. I've switched back from the cfm to g/sec recently and similarly to stevenc1703, I see 230g/sec, 240g/sec. I believe I've seen as high as 250g/sec.

With the same filter elemenet on a 2015 WRX, and a target boost of 19psi - we pegged the 2015 WRX MAF @ 300g/sec @ 4K RPM and above.

Switched back to a standard cone filter and see about 200-210g/sec (@16-18psi, 4.9-5K RPM, WoT, 50mph). I believe the highest logged on the dyno was 250-260g/sec.

What air filter are you using? I'm still using the takada filter but I know you guys have another one on there, I wonder if that would increase air flow.

What air filter are you using? I'm still using the takada filter but I know you guys have another one on there, I wonder if that would increase air flow.
Hey Steven, yes I can confirm the filter I recently switched to increases airflow over the Takeda supplied dry cone filter. I tried a Donaldson PowerCore filtering element from Volant.

Up top and @ WOT, it outflows the Takeda element by 200-300cfms (25-37g/sec). Torque logs and live data tell me that the MAF sensor is supposedly seeing as much as 240-250g/sec now vs 220-230g/sec I've seen before.

However this filter doesn't work well in all applications and intake designs.

It can cause issues for both FI and NA (especially FI) applications when the MAF housing is located too close to the inlet. Under and over reporting air as well as outflowing the stock MAF 300g/sec limit.

This can be scaled and interpolated on older Subarus like ours, but not the 2015+ cars yet.

I believe Fredrik is running a longer (7"?) AEM Dryflow with a custom pipe in place of the airbox while DJMajickMan has a monster filter (9"+) sitting in his passenger wheel well, getting cold air from the lower grill to WRX bumper vent blow-by.

Hey Steven, yes I can confirm the filter I recently switched to increases airflow over the Takeda supplied dry cone filter. I tried a Donaldson PowerCore filtering element from Volant.

Up top and @ WOT, it outflows the Takeda element by 200-300cfms (25-37g/sec). Torque logs and live data tell me that the MAF sensor is supposedly seeing as much as 240-250g/sec now vs 220-230g/sec I've seen before.

However this filter doesn't work well in all applications and intake designs.

It can cause issues for both FI and NA (especially FI) applications when the MAF housing is located too close to the inlet. Under and over reporting air as well as outflowing the stock MAF 300g/sec limit.

This can be scaled and interpolated on older Subarus like ours, but not the 2015+ cars yet.

I believe Fredrik is running a longer (7"?) AEM Dryflow with a custom pipe in place of the airbox while DJMajickMan has a monster filter (9"+) sitting in his passenger wheel well, getting cold air from the lower grill to WRX bumper vent blow-by.

So I need to get tuned for your filter?

:) 12" yeah! that's how much space we have to work with down there!

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/27/d6d2aaf784d814c602b1fd725ea943cd.jpg

Tucks in nice and the WRX bumper vents help pull away the heat. Thinking about venting from the under side too. Add something to that skirt :D would also stiffen it up some doing so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:) 12" yeah! that's how much space we have to work with down there! Tucks in nice and the WRX bumper vents help pull away the heat. Thinking about venting from the under side too. Add something to that skirt :D would also stiffen it up some doing so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy giant filter! Nice.

So I need to get tuned for your filter?
Most likely no. Interestingly enough I just swapped it out and its helped to stabilize my AFRs, short/long term fuel trims, raise the average timing advance. However, your milage might vary.

I will look to get a tune with this filter once the Raptor headers go on.

They've been sitting in a box from Oz somewhere in CT for far too long! :)

I'm interested in your results with the headers. On raptors website it says my tuner was the guy to tune the car in the dyno, that's reassuring. Did you guys go with ceramic coated? I guess they aren't just bolt on headers since you get to keep the cats, so it has to be installed at a shop.

Okay, so my brakes have started to squeal a lot at ~53K miles. For a DD, what rotors & pads do I want?

Budget?