LegacyGT.com

Single Tip exhaust on Legacy?

Hey guys I've been doing some thinking... and I'm really liking the sound of the single tip exhaust that you'd find on an STi.

So, I''m thinking of getting the Invidia N1 cat back that fits the 02-07 SUBARU WRX/STI. (I'm really hoping this will somehow fit even tho this is risking making my car look "fill in the blank" ).

I have a Cobb Tuning catted down pipe and it tappers down to 2.5" at the end (I can't remember if the donut gasket makes it 2.5 inches or if the pipe itself actually becomes 2.5 inches); but i'm wondering if I'll encounter any connection/fitment issues...

-Can anyone help?

-Has anyone does this?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually Scott (IDRVSLO) has a good idea. Just to get the normal aftermarket exhaust (like borla or something) that fits our car then ask a muffler shop to wield one of the pipes shut at the Y pipe... or even an electronic butterfly valve that open and closes it... i think i'm getting more and more motivated every time i think about this... :)

and Nrw, the link to the silver legacy with the single tip doesn't look bad at all... my brother thinks it looks ricer. Maybe i have bad taste, o well. lmao

I've debated this option for the uniqueness, plus there's a local guy with an HKS for his 04 sti that only wants like $100. I figured it couldn't be much more than another $100-$150 in custom work for the exhaust to fit.
It's cool; I'm with the band

I've debated this option for the uniqueness, plus there's a local guy with an HKS for his 04 sti that only wants like $100. I figured it couldn't be much more than another $100-$150 in custom work for the exhaust to fit.

So did you do it?

I want to get a single exit exhaust for my LGT too. They're actually nicer than I thought they would be. So are there any WRX exhausts that would work? Maybe the Invidia N1? If not, I am gonna go with the LGT Agency Power Duals.

I think specb guy is on the right track though. WRX exhaust are two piece, so I think if you eliminate the y and modify the hangers, it wouldn't take too much more work to make it fit.
It's cool; I'm with the band

It sounds comforting but I am going to try it my way and see where it gets me. I am ordering my Invidia N1 Thursday night and I should have it on Monday or Tuesday from where I order and I will be sure to post pictures next week on this thread for all of your viewing pleasure. :)

I am pumped. I am getting my catless up-pipe as well when I order the exhaust. Next week, I am ordering the catless downpipe. Bye bye fuel economy. Hahaha. I will post pictures of before the install and after. I will show pipe clearance and everything for further detail. I hope that helps.

love the plate "LXRY STI":lol::lol::lol:

Welp, FINALLY decided on what vanity plates i'm getting now.

Here were the other options:

PAR5 IN2

PAR4 IN1

ADOPTED

BLKD OUT

and if any of you have seen the new Nebraska license plates you would understand these ones (I have tried all of them in the database and ALL of them are taken)

UGLY PLT

UGLE PLT

UGLY PL8

UGLE PL8

UGLYPLT

UGLEPLT

UGLYPL8

UGLEPL8

For your own reference:

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/siouxcityjournal.com/content/tncms/assets/editorial/f/83/45a/f8345a01-2bc8-52c8-9f2b-eeec2a87580e-revisions/4d27b2ab2d88c.image.jpg

Archived