LegacyGT.com

Well after a few months of researching aka reading all of gee-otto's post..:cough:uelstickythread:cough: and finding a shop and welder that would take on the job.. its all done for now! :lol: Im finally rockin UELS and sound like a subaru. sounds dope as hell and do feel a slight gain in mid range torque (do have other mods as well) and please dont let that start an issue in itself with gains and losses.. i feel what i feel lol. anway.. here are some pics..gonna work on some videos this week

and the last pic is just for kicks to show the single side setup im rockin

mail-1.jpg.7c2de8982bea35143c68c6eb3dcb5fb5.jpg

mail-2.jpg.3786ca4433860393c87da5dc28bb3012.jpg

mail-3.jpg.c144fdbace786edff47ec8aa564501b4.jpg

mail.jpg.a8be142f974bb343a61c5ff12cf42748.jpg

mail-4.jpg.632e8525d9aa08d5d65548d7bb7dd436.jpg

exhuast3.thumb.jpg.f5ada9268956975225322a642e27951d.jpg

NICE! I am glad you got this done I know it is a beeotch asking and getting the "you fool look" but in the end happiness is achieved man I have that same header in the closet with the flange loped off as well awaiting my attention :lol: So it looks like the chopped the collector into two piece, welded the skinny bridge piece to get downward angle then the flange section to mate to the mid-pipe. I like that method, it is simple and compact, yet you still have ample room to do all the needed maintenance.

What this also shows is that there are about 5 ways to skin this fish. (I like cats :))

yea i really dont understand.. its not hard at all.. maybe one of the header companies will see this and then get it done.. i want 10% :lol:

Yeah if I still had a garage i would make a header and jig using a EJ253 long block. It would be so simple, I just don't have the time with the promotion and work.

to the OP, says you live in rockland co? i work in west nyack right off 87/287 id like to take a gander and hear that header + get a walkthrough/write-up.. would be much appreciated

I'd suggest not going and listening...I went and heard vam's inperson and within 2 weeks I had ordered uels..

They sounds like esctasy in your ears.

I'd suggest not going and listening...I went and heard vam's inperson and within 2 weeks I had ordered uels..

They sounds like esctasy in your ears.

LOL this is very true once I heard MSPRO's 06 2.5i I was hell bent on this mod that was 3 years ago :)

buy a set of UEL headers.. mine are from ebay.. find a welder/shop who knows what their doing and is willing to take on the task.. then cough up some cash and wa-la! thats all i really did honestly.. and just do your research on here so you know what your getting into.. and in my case i now have to weld another bung into the piping to run the A/F sensor and 02 sensor.. and i also believe (gee-otto or anyone chime in on this ) that with the sensors being in different locations.. to make the car run real nice i will or should get it tuned.. hope that helps

buy a set of UEL headers.. mine are from ebay.. find a welder/shop who knows what their doing and is willing to take on the task.. then cough up some cash and wa-la! thats all i really did honestly.. and just do your research on here so you know what your getting into.. and in my case i now have to weld another bung into the piping to run the A/F sensor and 02 sensor.. and i also believe (gee-otto or anyone chime in on this ) that with the sensors being in different locations.. to make the car run real nice i will or should get it tuned.. hope that helps

thanks jdmhatch.

i think this is going to be my next project!

Yeah you will want to get those sensor in place to ensure your car runs correctly. You can tap the Orange sensor somewhere in the collector that is the most important one and it is the AFR sensor the gray sensor assists in fueling and you will notice that you will burn through gas at an alarming rate without it ;)

Archived