LegacyGT.com

DRL Disable, in 10 minutes

• 2 weeks later...

Did this yesterday and am so happy I can run Xenons now!

As a couple of people stated, not sure what the brown wire runs to but I only cut the blue w/black stripe wire and it worked. The DRL light on the dash no longer comes on and the DRLs don't come on when the ebrake is released. No error lights and everything else still functions properly. Thanks for figuring this out guys :)

Did this yesterday and am so happy I can run Xenons now!

As a couple of people stated, not sure what the brown wire runs to but I only cut the blue w/black stripe wire and it worked. The DRL light on the dash no longer comes on and the DRLs don't come on when the ebrake is released. No error lights and everything else still functions properly. Thanks for figuring this out guys :)

What did i miss here? Why are you cutting wires? and how did you get that stupid drl symbol to go away?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New member here on the forum and this is actually my second post.

Looked into disabling DRL's for my newly acquired 2009 Outback 2.5l and I am reading mixed messages.

Apparently if I just pull the harness out then my fogs wont work and my High Beam indicator wont work....and if I pull out or cut the black/blue wire on the harness then everything works perfect and the DRL's are disengaged?

Can someone clarify, I have read about 12 pages in the DRL thread and nothing is specific to 2009 models.

Thanks in advance!

Tim

I have an 08' Legacy 3.0R and all I did was pull the white plug...

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i97/swivel_dick/215be628.jpg

This DRL "box" is as far to the drivers side of the car you can pretty much get...

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i97/swivel_dick/6116aebe.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i97/swivel_dick/5a0ad15e.jpg

I didn't bother cutting/pulling any wires... this fully disabled my DRL's and EVERYHTING else works as normal - I tested everything!

My 2001 Subaru Legacy GT, and my wife's 2005 Subaru Outback 3.0R VDC was the same EXACT thing as well ;)

*EDIT* I was wrong, high-beam indicator light does not work in dash. Maybe I will have to cut that blasted wire after all!

Edited by One_Mile_Up

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Anybody else have a problem with their passenger side fog light not turning on after doing this mod. My fog light could just be out, but its a coincidence that it happened right after I did this mod. I guess I will haveta plug it back in to see if this was the problem.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Thanks!! I cut the blue/black wire, drove around a bit to make sure that cruise control, full beams, and all other functions work...they do. Taped the ends, put the panel back, presto - no DRLs. So it is confirmed this works on the 09 Legacy also. Trust Subaru engineers to keep changing harnesses, wire colors, etc to confound us....:lol:

Thanks to all!!!

Well... here are picture of 2009 Subaru Legacy (limited) of the wire harness and wire. Only problem... shit didn't work for me. DRL's still on. Pretty annoying.

2013-05-21%2011.53.52.jpg

2013-05-21%2011.53.56.jpg

2013-05-21%2011.54.11.jpg

2013-05-21%2011.55.02.jpg

IIRC 2007 and up needs to have the brown cable cut as well. Blue one only works on the 05. Check for 07+ DRL disable. It will say if it is the brown one as well.

X

---

IIRC 2007 and up needs to have the brown cable cut as well. Blue one only works on the 05. Check for 07+ DRL disable. It will say if it is the brown one as well.

X

Just to confirm this for the 09 - I did this on my 2009 legacy 2.5i:

1) Pop off the lower dash cover (two push-screws and 1 push pin in the middle)

2) Look inside - there's a box labeled "DRL Module", I don't remember the exact name. It has a black and a white harness plugged into it.

3) Pull the white harness.

4) Find blue/black wire - pull it out.

5) Done!

is what I read with everyone having success. I'll look more into it although I didn't see much on it. Thank you for the response.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did the DRL mod a few days ago in my 08 LGT - just pulled the white connector under the dash and ziptied it off to prevent rattling. But I noticed the other night that the blue high-beam indicator in my dash no longer works (got flashed for having my highs on accidentally).

Has anyone else had this issue, and how do you get the high-beam indicator back on?

I did the DRL mod a few days ago in my 08 LGT - just pulled the white connector under the dash and ziptied it off to prevent rattling. But I noticed the other night that the blue high-beam indicator in my dash no longer works (got flashed for having my highs on accidentally).

Has anyone else had this issue, and how do you get the high-beam indicator back on?

Just pull the blue/black wire out of the connector, and plug it back in.

• 3 weeks later...