LegacyGT.com

My Ebay Catback Review

Money

After much research and debate I decided to take a chance and go with the Ebay catback made by X02 racing. I came from owning DSM's and a WRX with a catless downpipe and a Nur-Spec exhaust, so my definition of loud is probably different than most of you.

The exhaust came decently packaged, and delivered on time. Quality looks very good, nice welds, thick flanges, with all gaskets included. Overall I was satisfied with everything pre-install.

I got the X02 exhaust expecting it to be really loud, but was quite surprised with the sound. I first installed it with the stock up and downpipes in place. Fitment was very good. As with most of the aftermarket exhaust you need to have someone hold the tips in place as you tighten the bolts to keep them aligned properly.

I can't really see why anyone would complain about the noise out of this system with the stock cats in place. I have a friend that has the SPT exhaust on his '06 WRX and the sound was comperable at idle outside of the vehicle. Inside of the car with the windows up the exhaust note was barely noticable with the radio at volume level 3, turn it up to 5 and I could not hear the exhaust except above 5K rpm.

I didn't notice much of any performance gain from the catback, but I wasn't expecting anything. Performance wise I was stock at the time. I could notice a bit better throttle response, and maybe some more pull at the top end, but not much.

With the addition of a BPM uppipe, crossover pipe, and COBB catless downpipe the performance difference is very noticable. I added these parts a few days after the catback install and the sound is still VERY nice. Outside of the car the exhaust is very mellow at idle, being slightly louder then the SPT on the '06 WRX. Rev it up and it sounds mean! Crackles and pops most likely due to the catless setup. Inside the exhaust note is perfect at idle, barely noticeable. Turn the radio up to 7 and you can barely hear it unless you are really getting on it.

Overall, I couldn't be happier with the exhaust for the price. I would highly recommend it to anyone, even those of you looking for a quieter exhaust.

Just my .02

-Allen:icon_mrgr

Nice, mine arrived last week but wasn't able to bolt up over the weekend. We were busy having a baby!! :icon_bigg I'm off for the rest of the week, so I'm going to try and sneak it in between feedings and lack of sleep if the wife allows. I'll get some vids and pics posted once I do.

• 3 months later...

Archived