LegacyGT.com

Houston, we have a problem

Hey there guys, so I bought my 2007 legacy 2.5i in March and completely love it. But recently something has concerned me. When I was backing into my driveway about three nights ago my car went into like a limp mode. I turned my wheel fully and began To give some gas before my power steering went out and my dash lit up with basically every light which illuminates when you start your car. My first reaction was to turn off my car. I restarted it a few moments later and the car was fine. I'm really stumped at what happened...

Any ideas?

Check the PS fluid level. But I'll bet its fine.

My wagon had a backing issue a few years back when backing out of a parking spot. The steering wheel kind of pulsated a few times, not CEL, and after that it was fine.

I think about a year or so ago someone else posted this issue, I can't remember the outcome.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I was told I had PS fluid on the rack when I got the car looked at before I bought it. As I recall, this is the second time it happened. I was in a dirt lot whipping it around and it did the same thing. I'll check the fluid in the morning. Thanks.

I had my rack replaced in my wagon a year ago because it was leaking.

May be that was the first sign of it going bad a few years back.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Hey there guys, so I bought my 2007 legacy 2.5i in March and completely love it. But recently something has concerned me. When I was backing into my driveway about three nights ago my car went into like a limp mode. I turned my wheel fully and began To give some gas before my power steering went out and my dash lit up with basically every light which illuminates when you start your car. My first reaction was to turn off my car. I restarted it a few moments later and the car was fine. I'm really stumped at what happened...

Any ideas?

Did the engine stall?

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

I think the rack was like $235 at my trusted mechanic's place, plus the labor to install it, I had the left ball joint replaced too. That turned into the nightmare job it can be. Had to put a new spindle/knuckle on.

My mechanic did say he would only use a rebuilt rack from one company. I believe cardone was one he would not use.

I think I posted about it in this thread a few pages into it.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/got-some-new-stuff-engine-r-r-184106.html

Just scanned it, couldn't find it. Must be in the suspension forum. It's on here somewhere.

It sounds like A) the engine stalled (which would explain why no power steering and a bunch of dash lights) and B) it could be electrical... and have nothing to do with the steering.

If you back a Subie up,AND one wheel spins just enough to confuse the ECU, you will get what you got.

Lots of flashing lights:lol:

Happens to me in the snow. Just turn the key off and restart the motor.

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Archived