LegacyGT.com

Tmic/fmic

TheBoostNazi

• Mega Users

I understand the question just fine...

Now ask yourself this question. Do you honestly think your car's operating behavior will be unaffected by tripling our quadrupling the amount of charge space between your turbo and the throttle body?

I do not think a retune will be required, but you will probably not hit your target boost and I am guessing you will make less power overall.

When I upgraded to a FMIC (from a perrin TMIC) I was able to add a little more timing and had to add more WGDC to hit the same boost. Not sure if that is normal, but that's how it worked for me.

I will, I figured the WGDC would need to be lowered for a given requested torque in order to push more through the system. I'm familiar with romraider and ecu edit, i wish i could make these adjustments myself....i just do not know what would have to be changed

interesting. so it seems you find the load increases by .3 from the increase in flow through a fmic? do you think the vf46 flows enough for a fmic? what kind of increases should i expect coming from an vo tmic?

fmic is probably not worth it on a vf40. depends on your budget

I assume you were making reference to the plots I posted in the tmic vs fmic thread. the vf40 at ~6k is flowing about as much as the avo380 + fmic at ~ 4k.... which is roughly where the tmic and fmic plots for the 380 diverge. below that point there was little difference, so a vf40 below 6k won't really benefit much from the fmic. IIRC, the fmic makes a difference once the flows exceed the high 20s lbs/min

if you really want to know for sure, attach a pressure gauge before and after the heat exchanger core and log the pressure drop as a function of flow.

I was reading some material on air density verse flow, obv the vf46 flows enough for a tmic but the outlet temps are higher than of a fmic, essentially its the opposite with a fmic, the flow is less but the outlet temps are lower, which would have more of an effect on power production, the air temp(density) or the flow?

yeah I plan for a retune either way, the tuner still recommended the FMIC with the 46 at stage 2. I'm rather familiar with the tables in ECU editor, I'm slowly learning tuning theory and would like to get a grasp of the changes required with the changes in physics with a fmic.

Archived