LegacyGT.com

Rent a Legacy near San Jose CA?

odhinn

Just visited the San Jose Auto Show last weekend to try on cars for size (I'm 6'5") and was pleasantly surprised at how easily I fit into the 2012 Subaru Legacy. The fact that it comes in non-turbo manual transmission (if I'm reading the specs sheets right) is personally a plus for me also. I also liked that Consumer Reports and Edmunds both had nice things to say about the car.

Test drives are nice, but I want to live with the car for a while to really see how it's going to handle, so I'd like to rent one for a week before I pony up the cash.

The big rental agency websites aren't that helpful, they all say "Car X or similar". So before I start calling all the rental agencies in the area, does anyone know either a big rental chain that typically has the Legacy, or a specific rental agency in the San Francisco bay area that carries them?

I found City Rentals in San Francisco, but I'm hoping for something closer to San Jose.

TIA!

This is what is on Subaru's FAQ. Worth making some calls, but more than likely not in manual.

6. Where can I rent a Subaru vehicle?

Typically, Subaru vehicles can be rented in the following areas with the following rental companies. This information is subject to change, however.

Dollar Rent-A-Car - Seattle, WA and Portland, OR

Hertz Rental - Most major airports in the northern half of the United States

Avis Rental - Most major airports in the northern half of the United States

Budget Rental - Most major airports in the northern half of the United States

Ask a dealer if you can do a 24hr test drive.

Renting a manual transmission anything is going to be highly unlikely.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I had rented a car from SFO and when I went walking in the lot I saw some legacys, but I would think they are auto for rental car sakes. I take it you tried looking at San Jose International? Maybe OAK if that isnt that long of a stretch?

Archived