LegacyGT.com

KILLER deal on Lower control arms

The easy way I do it is tap in a fat chisel into the gap of the housing, spreading it open just a few mm. Lightly grease up the new ball joint and it should slide into place, if not use your jack and jack it up into place.
My wife's balls are delicious.

+1 that is what I did too. I took a chisel and tapped it into the gap and checked fitmet for the ball joint.

Be sure you clean out the ball joint socket from any debris, rusted material, etc. I had a good amount of that remaining in the socket after I pulled out the old ball joint and it was definitely preventing the new one from seating in properly.

The easy way I do it is tap in a fat chisel into the gap of the housing, spreading it open just a few mm. Lightly grease up the new ball joint and it should slide into place, if not use your jack and jack it up into place.

This worked for me with no issues...

You guys rock. Gonna wait for my buddy to come by and give me a second pair of hands and to go get a fatter flathead

... To no avail. I'm going to have to shave the ball joint down this weekend. I'd rather do that than open the knuckle any wider than I did earlier to avoid it cracking.

UPDATE: Jegs just changed the price to $138 each, and I hadn't even checked out yet. F'er's.

Yep, seams to be the common issue with this thread.

I wound up getting it from RockAuto. $104 and $102, fully loaded. And shipping is only $8 so it works for me.

What I ended up doing after the CarID ones fell through in the beginning. 1 side cost $2 more tho.

Yep, seams to be the common issue with this thread.

What I ended up doing after the CarID ones fell through in the beginning. 1 side cost $2 more tho.

Well, I live in Germany, so $8 to ship it overseas makes the price very attractive. And I saw the $2 difference, WTF?

Finally got the ball joints in. Having 2 extra sets of hands made it go much smoother. One still needs some coercing to get it seated properly, but they're in! I'll be drilling out the knuckles to accept a longer bolt since I can't get the old ones in, but so far so good!

• 2 weeks later...

i have had these on my car for a little over a month now and they work well. i also had the issue whe the supplied ball joint was a little to big for the knuckle on one side. i sanded it down using an abrasive disk since i had bought brand new knuckes.

Also to remove the pinch bolt from the knuckle ... take knuckle off the car, remove or protect the wheel bearing, cut the boot off the ball joint because it will burn and then start heating the bolt up with a torch using map gas for around 3 to 5 minutes. Spritz water on the bolt and surrounding area to cool down. Put the knuckle in a vice and loosen with wrench and pray you dont break it... Assuming you got the bolt out you can easily take the ball joint out with an air chissel by putting the castle nut back on the threads and then using a v shaped chissel to knock it out. Clean out hole, check that the new ball joint fits easily... if not spread gap with a chissel or screw driver.

• 1 month later...
I know used parts are sometimes questionable, but there is plenty of JDM BL/BP aluminium LCAs available on ebay for ~$250....

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Anyone willing to sell me a set of the Mevotechs? My 05 needs the lca bushings pretty bad.

I've been considering selling mine since I don't need aluminum arms and with my stock arms already having whiteline bushings. PM me if your interested.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Maybe I didn't clarify enough. I am looking for a killer deal on lower control arms considering a bunch of individuals picked up some Mevotechs on Ebay and other sources for way the hell under retail. Many of you have extras. I would like to purchase a pair of those extras. I will just install the Whiteline bushings on my stock arms if I have to pay over $100 an arm. Thank you in advance. By the way, does anyone know of a cheap replacement axle for an 05 LGT that actually works and doesn't cause vibration? Can't seem to find a clear answer anywhere. Thanks again.