LegacyGT.com

Toyo Proxes TPT - anyone have these?

simple

I found a set of Toyo Proxes TPT 225/55/17 for a good price. I've never really seen these before, has anyone got any experience with them?

I've got a set of Potenza RE92 with 20,000 miles on them and they are at 4/32 with seriously worn outer edges. Horrible!

Does anyone else believe that Subaru dealers know how much these tires suck and don't want to do anything about it. I got the run around at the dealership last night when I said that the tires are worn excessively for their age and mileage. I did get a possible offer of a free alignment for the outer edge issue.

The car is one year old, but needs new tires! :(

I found a set of Toyo Proxes TPT 225/55/17 for a good price. I've never really seen these before, has anyone got any experience with them?

I've got a set of Potenza RE92 with 20,000 miles on them and they are at 4/32 with seriously worn outer edges. Horrible!

Does anyone else believe that Subaru dealers know how much these tires suck and don't want to do anything about it. I got the run around at the dealership last night when I said that the tires are worn excessively for their age and mileage. I did get a possible offer of a free alignment for the outer edge issue.

The car is one year old, but needs new tires! :(

had them once. got stuck in the snow on a slow incline in my old mazda. got the proxes 4's. not one single issue ever. i believe they have soft sidewalls, but that's not the point. go for the 4's if you are going toyo. dry grip was def better than the nero m+s.

Have the TPT's on my 05 2.5i...live in New England, see some pretty decent snowfall each year, and they were o.k. They replaced the RE-92, and unfortunately, the RE-92 was better in the snow, but the TPT was far superior in everything else, especially rain, fwiw.
If you ever catch on fire, try to avoid looking in a mirror, because I bet that will really throw you into a panic.

Archived