LegacyGT.com

P-Chip options

Sobaru

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You really shouldn't give BMX crap. He has a lot of useful knowledge and has been on here for a while. Forgive him if he tends to be impatient because people like you don't take a few minutes to read stickies or search before posting.

Welcome to the LGT forums. Take your lumps and be quiet. ;)

You're right, it's a site geared towards enthusiasts, and as such, most of us take the time to learn about our vehicles by reading about them.

If you can't take the time to read or search for 5 minutes to help yourself, why do you think you have the right to expect other people to take the time to spoon feed information to you that is already readily available?

As far as acting like adults, the only one behaving like a child right now is you because you're coming across as a crybaby.

Thank you, Whisky Tango. I've noticed that when it comes to these sites, some of the more, shall we say, "enthusiastic" folks on here tend to get a little too serious when it comes to new comers. As if there are any real consequences to not doing things the way they think it should be done. Perhaps some patience with people who are just starting out and learning how these sites work would go a long way with respect to participant retention. This hostility that I'm encountering here is pretty lame. So strange what we choose to care about. I met with a woman who lost her three children and her parents in a house fire on Christmas day. I guess it's all about perspective, you know?

Well, now I'm just curious. If you're such an expert about "these sites", then why haven't you learned by now how to deal with "these sites" appropriately? Or rather... why haven't you figured out yet that as a newcomer, you should read/search?

:confused::confused::confused:

Yes, you contradicted yourself there, Sparky. Don't read too deeply into the "these sites" remark. I'm making a point, is all. I'm new. That means that I'm NOT an expert. So I have to take the time to learn. My time, not yours. Here I am, a new guy on the site and I'm met with your BS hostility. What if this happened another way: I post: "Hey everyone, I'm new and I'm looking to find a this or a that for my Legacy". You Post: "Hey buddy, welcome aboard! There's loads of swell information to be found here on LegacyGT.com and I'm happy to help you find it. If you're looking for a this or a that for your car, you can click here and there and you'll find what you need. By the way, let me know if you need any other advice or direction because we Legacy GT owners are one big happy family." Now I'm having fun. This beats TV.

Perhaps some patience with people who are just starting out and learning how these sites work would go a long way with respect to participant retention. This hostility that I'm encountering here is pretty lame. So strange what we choose to care about. I met with a woman who lost her three children and her parents in a house fire on Christmas day. I guess it's all about perspective, you know?

I'm not sure what's so confusing about this site, you click "2", "3", "4", and so on until you find something interesting. Doing so would have prevented this whole thread.

Yes, you contradicted yourself there, Sparky. Don't read too deeply into the "these sites" remark. I'm making a point, is all. I'm new. That means that I'm NOT an expert. So I have to take the time to learn. My time, not yours. Here I am, a new guy on the site and I'm met with your BS hostility. What if this happened another way: I post: "Hey everyone, I'm new and I'm looking to find a this or a that for my Legacy". You Post: "Hey buddy, welcome aboard! There's loads of swell information to be found here on LegacyGT.com and I'm happy to help you find it. If you're looking for a this or a that for your car, you can click here and there and you'll find what you need. By the way, let me know if you need any other advice or direction because we Legacy GT owners are one big happy family." Now I'm having fun. This beats TV.
Excuse me? *I* contradicted myself? You're the one saying this: "I've noticed that when it comes to these sites, some of the more, shall we say, "enthusiastic" folks on here tend to get a little too serious when it comes to new comers"

If you've experienced this type of reaction from "these sites" before, then maybe *you're* the problem, not people that post on "these sites." It's not rocket science. All you had to do is read/search a bit before posting.

I don't think BMX was being overtly hostile... just irritated that you were so lazy. Someone else already gave you an answer... one that you could've found yourself if you bothered to even look for about 5 minutes.

I'm sorry, LGT isn't a forum where everyone has rainbows coming out of their a55es 24/7 and are ready to respond to your every inquiry no matter how many times it's been answered. Everyone here reads and posts on a voluntary basis. If you don't like what BMX or anyone else has to say, feel free to not read it.... just like how you didn't bother reading anything else before posting.

You're not entitled to anything.

Hey buddy, welcome aboard! There's loads of swell information to be found here on LegacyGT.com and I'm happy to help you find it. If you're looking for a this or a that for your car, you can click here and there and you'll find what you need. By the way, let me know if you need any other advice or direction because we Legacy GT owners are one big happy family.

Yup. That's right, I'm lazy. As if you own this site. Why are you bothering? As if it's my fault that you choose to put your hands on your keyboard and be a hostile so-and-so. Why chime in? Why get involved? Why waste your time? This is like "Lord of the Flies". Look, It's very simple. If you don't like what people post, don't respond. I'm truely sorry that it annoyed you. But don't get involved. You don't own this site. It's not your territory or your turf. This is a website, that's all, and until the moderator says otherwise, I'll learn how to use it and I'll use it as I see fit. Come on out, my friend, Sparky. Come out! There's a world beyond your parent's basement. Come out and I'll buy you a beer and if you're good I'll buy you a sandwich. And as far as entitlement is concerned.... I still got my answer.

I'm not the one coming onto a site as a complete newbie and telling them to change their posting behavior to accomodate ME. As far as taking this too seriously, I'm also not the one that got his panties all in a ruffle from one comment made by bmx. YOU are.

You're still not getting my point. You came, you were lazy, you posted, you got your answer anyway. The next comment was one from bmx. And instead of letting it go, you complained about it and told him to stop replying. I stepped in, and quite seriously welcomed you to the site, explained bmx's response, how/why you were being lazy, and nicely told you to just let it go. And now you're telling ME to stop posting?

"If you don't like what people post, don't respond." and then

"It's not your site." <-- How can you be so hypocritical and not see it? :lol:

Archived