LegacyGT.com

usdm rainguards

ninjaturtlesM35x

hey guys, dont know if this is the rite place for this. went to the dealership to day to pick up a momo knob. there was an advertisement taped to the parts counter. " New rainguards legacy/outback 05-09 125$ installed". i wrote down the part number and lost it. it is a soa part, not aftermarket. this was at smith cairns subaru of brewster ny.

there were pictures of the installed product. looked same as the jdm

I still expect they're the same. $125 isn't bad installed, especially since you can blame them if they come off.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

i got mine at mycarworx last week

install is very simple...if i recall

it was 80$ you can save the extra 40

and do it yourself it only takes 30 mins

or less

you just have to clean car

prep/clean area you will stick it to

and install the rear one first after lining it up

then install the front ones

total of 4 pieces and fits flush

looks like 1 solid rainguard after installed succesfully

i did a little write up on em

under the AVS rainguards thread

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

Hi folks. This appears to be the same part which can be had for around $50 at amazon.com:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Auto-Ventshade-94356-Ventvisor-Deflector/dp/B000CNJNUI/ref=au_pf_ss_2?ie=UTF8&n=15684181&s=automotive&carId=002]Amazon.com: Auto Ventshade 94356 Ventvisor Deflector - 4 Piece: Automotive[/ame]

It's a big savings if anyone is considering buying these....

the duche bag lied to me. its not a subaru part number. part# dcolegvisor05. having the part number I did quick search and these were talked about breifly in a group buy for jdm guards. the dealership gets them from the subaru warehouse and that's ware the confusion comes in. subaru carrying non subaru parts. atleast the ny warehouse is. I will call the warehouse and find out more. excuse my spelling my phone sucks.

i just installed these today, bought them from car worx...and lets just say that I am pretty disappointed with the fit and finish. The driver's side vents (front and back) match up nicely, but the passenger side vents don't match up and the misalignment is very noticeable. Also, some spots on the visor itself shows signs of white discoloration (sort of like when you bend plastic, the crease turns white). I know it's not car worx's fault, just hope they'll be able to resolve these issues. I'll take some pics, but hoping to take care of this problem tomorrow.

i just installed these today, bought them from car worx...and lets just say that I am pretty disappointed with the fit and finish. The driver's side vents (front and back) match up nicely, but the passenger side vents don't match up and the misalignment is very noticeable.

Looks like there's some molding issues - my passenger's side is spot-on perfect, but the driver's side, where the two pieces meet up, are misaligned (not noticeable from 10+ ft. out, but noticeable closer up).

For about $80, shipped, I'm decently satisfied.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2622515#post2622515

Also, some spots on the visor itself shows signs of white discoloration (sort of like when you bend plastic, the crease turns white). I know it's not car worx's fault, just hope they'll be able to resolve these issues. I'll take some pics, but hoping to take care of this problem tomorrow.

Are you sure you peeled-off the overlying protector? I didn't see this, at all....

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

BILLY JOE: two piece on frameless doors is lame. i guess it makes shipping easyer though. so are those the exact same ones that the subaru dealerships are carrying?

Haha, yeah I'm just finding that out. I have no idea what the subaru dealerships are carrying. But in all honesty, for the ONE day that they've been on the car, I notice the wind "crazyness" has significantly decreased in the car when the windows are down. Feels much more controlled..

UPDATE:

Stephen at CarWorx is sending out another set. No questions asked. GREAT company to work with. I probably got a bad set, so it is not Carworx's fault. Its just awesome to have a company that gives you hassle free customer service!! So I highly recommend working with them if you're interested in these.

My Install:

Drivers side Mating surface (front to back)

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee1/billyjoe00/DriversSideMatchUp-Perfect.jpg

Drivers side discoloration

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee1/billyjoe00/DriversSideDiscoloration2.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee1/billyjoe00/DriverssideDiscoloration1.jpg

Passenger side Mating surface (front to back) - notice the difference to driver's side

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee1/billyjoe00/PassSideMatchUp-NoGood.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee1/billyjoe00/PassSideMatchup-NoGood2.jpg

My replacement set is on the way. I"ll update once I get the new ones.

^ Agreed w/regard to wind buffing - or lack thereof.

I'm a wind-in-my-hair kind of guy, so this actually worried me a bit, but with the AVS units on, I still get plenty of air moving through the cabin, it's just nowhere near as "uncontrolled" as before.

Still no highway miles, yet, but commuting local, at around 40-45 MPH, regardless of whether it is with only two windows open or all four, wind-buffing has significantly decreased.

I'll wait until the first rain to decide if these are worth keeping, or if I'm going the JDM route. I don't mind the aesthetic impact, but I'm not a complete fan of it, either (as opposed to the JDMs, which are just plain slick).

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

Your passenger's side, BillyJoe, looks like my driver's side.

I dunno if I want to take the hassle of pursuing a replacement set....but it's good to know that the service is there! :)

I cant get used to how it looks, just doesn't look clean enough. I think i'll suffer and let the water pour in. and boy does it especially after a nice wax make sure those windows are closed at least for the first few turns after startin her up haha

^ I'm still trying to get used to how it looks, too.....I'm still 50/50 on "going JDM." It's very tempting, though, but these AVS units do offer pretty decent rain protection.

It wasn't but a strong drizzle today (highest intermittent setting took care of it), but I was easily able to open both front windows at least 1-inch, with no sign of rain ingress.

This may sound stupid but, how do you open & close the doors with these installed?

The only stupid question is the one you don't ask. :lol:

I'd like to see some pics with the doors in a open position. I still don't see how it works either.

^ I'll try to get some pix, but I'm not making any promises. :)

The doors open clean, without touching the rainguards, simply because the guards are placed so that they clear. The point-of-attachment is not the rain gutters directly above the framless windows, but rather the actual roof and A/C pillars.

Since the guards are bowed "outward," this means that the glass, even when fully raised, scoots right under, without touching.

Installed correctly, yes, it comes close to touching - in some areas of my install, they're literally just a millimeter away - but it will never actually touch, and you can swing the door with as much force as you'd like, without fear of "oh crap!" :lol:

here are a few quick pics to give you all an idea on how low we can roll our windows down (about a half inch or so) doors open just fine

still getting used to them since i always had rainguards in my other cars

and can roll windows down at least a full inch..it still serves its purpose though

IMG_0001.thumb.jpg.7de085fadc7d71e2bece74e1e684df4d.jpg

IMG_0002.thumb.jpg.ffededb1be57ddfee11fd0c5a065cbbe.jpg

IMG_0003.thumb.jpg.f3e3450c67c3fa622b378f5ccd36c39a.jpg

IMG_0004.thumb.jpg.05495b9af057d8cedca0f46696585c72.jpg

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

^ Thanks for that! :) I haven't had time to try to photo, yet.

I think that the design of the AVS pieces is why it can only be opened about a half-inch to an inch, when the car's sitting still, without weather intrusion. Since it sits above the window so far, as you go farther "back" from the A-pillar, this makes for a larger and larger opening (at least until you come to the C-pillar junction).

I'd like some more input from the JDM-OEM users, to again confirm how much they can open their windows while sitting still, before raindrops intrude....

I'm still somewhat undecided - I honestly don't know if I can get used to the aesthetics....

The good part is that it definitely makes my rear seat passenger, my 3-year-old, very happy: instead of the wind taking her breath away (at 35-45 MPH), she now enjoys having the front windows all the way down.

I might have to try the JDM.....

I want the JDM's, but simply can't justify the $320 shipped price!
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived