LegacyGT.com

Parking Light Wiring Question

SlightlyEvil

Got a question for the lighting/wiring people out there... please tell me if I'm close or way off the mark:

For the front parking lights (stock orange bulb behind orange lens in outside corner of headlight assy.) there is a harness with 3 wires into the connector:

1.) BLACK/WHITE

2.) BLACK

3.) GREEN w/ 2 SILVER MARKS

Am I correct in assuming A.):

1.) BLACK/WHITE - This is the positive

2.) BLACK - This is the ground

3.) GREEN w/ 2 SILVER MARKS - This is another positive wire that causes the bulb to blink as a turn signal

?

Additionally, B.) If I cut the black/white wire, will the bulb then only work as a turn signal and not come on full-time as a corner light?

And C.) If I tap into the BLACK/WHITE and BLACK (which I am guessing are positive and ground respectively) with a basic bulb, would it come on same as parking lights would (in top 2 positions of selector on stalk)?

Any help is appreciated, thx!

Yea I did take a look in there but didn't find anything that was clear enough to understand in terms of the physical wires themselves (the diagram I understand in principle, but they don't break it down into the separate 3 wires for the turn signals).

Here's the diagram, can anyone glean from this the answer as to which of the 3 wires does what?

1013772115_Picture2.thumb.jpg.7fd70d1d7a4ce449ae1fc64ed3d33f2b.jpg

Well in case anybody asks again, the wires aren't consistent colours, but they are discernable from car to car based on a couple things:

1.) the centre wire in the plug (black solid) is obviously ground.

2.) the wire which has two silver dabs on it (might be green/wht or red/wht with the dabs) is the wire that blinks the light for the turn signal (pos)

3. the other wire is the parking light signal (pos)

My assumptions from post #1 were correct. Hope this helps somebody else :)

Archived