LegacyGT.com

Anyone get the Sirius tuner?

Bdubs

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sweet! If this fits the '07 I'm getting it. I can't stand my XM, although O&A are pretty funny.

Haha funny you say that, I switched a while back to Sirius because XM sucks so so bad. But damn if I don't miss O&A.

Hopefully i'll have my Sirius running by next weekend.

it looks like an alpine unit. in fact it is. couldnt you just buy an alpine unit for $100. From the picture it just looks like an ai-net cable.

I have an alpine Sirius brain at home that I bought about 3 years ago (but never used), if we can get really good close up pictures of the unit linked (more specifically the connectors), I'll snap pictures of the unit I have and see if they'll match up.

SOA rep Hope has confirmed that the Sirius tuner IS compatible with the 2007 Legacy. There had been speculation that it would with other threads, but to my knowledge no one ever tried. I called my dealer and they were wanting $525 for tuner and install or $402 for just the tuner. Way out of my price plan since I already have a portable tuner the the AUX-IN jack. (read wife won't let me upgrade)

SOA rep Hope has confirmed that the Sirius tuner IS compatible with the 2007 Legacy. There had been speculation that it would with other threads, but to my knowledge no one ever tried. I called my dealer and they were wanting $525 for tuner and install or $402 for just the tuner. Way out of my price plan since I already have a portable tuner the the AUX-IN jack. (read wife won't let me upgrade)

Did she say which Sirius tuner was compatible? Or just the '08 MY sirius tuner?

Does anyone have the '08 sirius brain and connectors and can take a picture of it? I'd love to know if my Sirius brain can connect to the '07 HU.

Did she say which Sirius tuner was compatible? Or just the '08 MY sirius tuner?

The tuner that is the one listed in the link at the top of this thread. I read the part number, and she confirmed that it was compatible with '07. I imagine it is the same tuner in the '08 unit since the install guide for '07 and '08 are the same. I personally have not seen either, so I cann't 100% confirm it.

The tuner that is the one listed in the link at the top of this thread. I read the part number, and she confirmed that it was compatible with '07. I imagine it is the same tuner in the '08 unit since the install guide for '07 and '08 are the same. I personally have not seen either, so I cann't 100% confirm it.

Understandable. Thanks for the info! Looks like we're making progress.

Now, if we can only get subaru to offer a blank double din + HVAC for the US market. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if the SIRIUS tuner will work in an 05? And will the channel info etc be displayed on the factory radio readout?

If I'm not mistaken, the 05 tuner is not SAT-ready therefore the tuner will not work.

I talked to the lady in the parts department at my Subaru dealer. She said that the 08 Sirius tuner will NOT work with the 07 head unit because the 07 head unit is specifically for XM and that the adapter is only for the XM tuner. Somehow, I still want to see the adapter for myself. Anyway, if this is true then I may have no choice but to hardwire and install a Sirius Starmate 4 into the cubby in the dash. It should fit in there, right?

Can you post one of the entire rear, with the radio right-side-up (w/ good focus and well-lit, so we can see all of the pins in all of the connectors :))?

Also one of the label on the top? (half of Deer Killer's label was torn off)

And for completeness, it wouldn't hurt to include one of the front. Or at least tell us what model number is written on the front face (P-xxx).

Can you post one of the entire rear, with the radio right-side-up (w/ good focus and well-lit, so we can see all of the pins in all of the connectors :))?

Also one of the label on the top? (half of Deer Killer's label was torn off)

And for completeness, it wouldn't hurt to include one of the front. Or at least tell us what model number is written on the front face (P-xxx).

Here you go. Hope you can see those pins well enough.

In case it's hard to read. The model is P-204UH.

Oh yeah, should have mentioned that the first 2 of these pictures I posted in DK's thread linked above (post #81).

Cheers!

-Ian

P6130010.jpg.f68d31e22b934948465d2a3522e1264a.jpg

P6130012.jpg.c321cec31172804486511aa112c5224e.jpg

P8260016.jpg.e8e6d6517e85625e247dadc3b0276cfe.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Sorry to bring this back, but does this Sirius kit work on Spec.B's with Navigation? The link says (w/o navi).

The link is wrong. It will work on a Spec B. with Navi. FWIW the picture shows the impreza kit, not the Legacy kit.

Just checking in again to see if anyone had used an aftermarket Sirius unit and got it to work with the 07 HU.

I mean, looking at this picture, it seems you could just get the aftermarket Clarion SIR CL3 as pictured with the right BUS connection and it would work? I mean it's only $100 but seems to be out of stock everywhere I look. If someone can find one for me, I'll be a guinea pig and give it a try.

http://subarupartsforyou.com/images/products/SIRIUS.jpg

As you can see in the Crutchfield pic, it looks like it used the same bus connection, but I'm not sure.

http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/products/2006/020/h020SiRCL3-f_dg.jpeg

Archived