LegacyGT.com

Since I bought the car in October last year, I've been adding a can of Seafoam with a full tank of gas every month. I do this only because car takes 87 and I'm worried about carbon deposits and whatnot...Just wondering if it's gonna have any negative effects on the fuel system or motor itself by using it that often.

On my old supercharged car, I didn't bother since it ran on e85 most of the time ;) I was happily surprised how clean the pistons/valves were after removing the heads.

i dont think the car being designed to run on 87 octane would cause problems with carbon buildup. that's typically caused by other issues.

personally i think once a month is a little overkill, but maybe if you do a ton of short trips with the car it might not be unwarranted.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bump this, but I tried Seafoaming my car usnig the hose that's right next to the intercooler, on the blow off valve (yes, I'm aware this is the NA section, but still).

Maybe it's because this is not the correct one, but my car didn't smoke at all after the treatment.

I'd use the brake booster line, but people keep saying that this only goes into cyl. #4.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry to bump this, but I tried Seafoaming my car usnig the hose that's right next to the intercooler, on the blow off valve (yes, I'm aware this is the NA section, but still).

Maybe it's because this is not the correct one, but my car didn't smoke at all after the treatment.

I'd use the brake booster line, but people keep saying that this only goes into cyl. #4.

They have a aerosol version with an adaptor that you can have it shoot right into the throttle body to evenly distribute it to all cyl. I Just picked it up gonna do it some time this weekend if I got time

Archived