LegacyGT.com

Passenger Front corner thumping??

MaasaiWarrior

I had my car up on the hoist on the weekend and replaced my bad rear bearing and all is good there. But since that was done a new problem arose....

Its noticeable at lower speeds, but with clutch in or out, braking or not, I get a "thump thump thump" with a slight weight transfer, I'm trying to butt pinpoint it right now. I will pull apart the corner tonight to see if I can see anything in particular.

I'm wondering if any of you have experienced this?

Any input is appreciated thanks!

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

hmm, thanks for the replies, i'll add another symptom that came up today, grinding in the right front as well, only in reverse though.

I had the wheel up tonight after work. No play like a bearing would have, or ball joint/tie rod. CV shaft seemed tight.

I'm completely confused on it right now.

Could be bearing. There is no tell-tale signs of a bad bearing on these cars. The usual bearing test don't seem to work for some reason.

-Mike Paisan

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/153798190.jpg

Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Enthusiasts since 2001.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

How odd! I just started having this same problem. Low speed clunking on the front passenger side. I had ruled out the bearing after a traditional tilt/tug check. Glad you posted something about it, Mike.

Best of luck to both of us, OP! Update us when you get it sorted please. You might beat me to the cure.

• 5 weeks later...

Well, I found the rear control arm bushing was torn, so I ended up replacing both on the arm with poly bushings, but it still surfaces every once in a while.

I have ordered new sway bar links since I found a very slight bit of play in them. Lets see how it goes after I install them this weekend.

Archived