LegacyGT.com

2011 WRX Wheels?

TRSCobra

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just found the answer to my question on WRXtuners.com:

The 2011 WRX use 17x8 wheels weighing 22 lbs with a 5x100 bolt pattern and +53 offset. The tires are Dunlop SP Sport 01 Summer Tires 235/45/17

Now I really want to see how they'll look on our cars!

I found a set fairly close to me around Christmas. I almost pulled the trigger but I bought a 16G instead. The guy wanted $700 for the set in perfect condition. If I actually needed wheels, I would have bought them. I think they would look great on a Legacy.

My only real concern was the offset being 53 on an 8" wheel. I have 8" wide wheels with a 45 offset and the tires are pretty close to the strut housing. The newer (2011 up) WRX's are a little wider in the wheel wells I think.

Anything further on whether these fit?

I spoke with a friend at a local Subaru dealership. We may try to fit one up to see this weekend. Again, my concern is the offset as it pertains to the strut tower. I am sure the fender clearance is fine. I will let you know what the outcome is.

the only subarus that currently use 5x114 in the US are the STI and the Tribecca.

Thank you. We are referring to the wheel offset not the bolt pattern. The 2011 WRX wheel is a 5x100 bolt pattern. My concern is that the 2011 WRX wheel will be too close to the strut housing because of the 53 wheel offset combined with 8" width.

I spoke with a friend at a local Subaru dealership. We may try to fit one up to see this weekend. Again, my concern is the offset as it pertains to the strut tower. I am sure the fender clearance is fine. I will let you know what the outcome is.

Pics would be greatly appreciated, expecially of the stance of the car.

• 4 weeks later...

I know there will be reduced clearance. I'm just wondering if they'll rub If you hit a bump or anything.

If the wheels were just a bit lighter I'd for sure pick them up just to try, but 22lbs is a little on the heavy side :-(. I'm trying to decide if I want to get a set of these or spend more for something lighter.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

• 2 weeks later...

WRX wheels should fit.

OEM spec.b wheels are 18x7.5 +55 that can run 225/45/18 tires without rubbing. 2 less offset and .5" wider wheel isn't much.

I never got rubbing on the inside strut until I went with 18x9 +35 wheels and 245/40/18 tires, and that was only after a fresh coilover install before I could adjust the height to make it level at all 4 corners.

Spacers are not recommended for high speed performance use, but people do use them to clear brembos for daily driving.

WRX wheels should fit.

OEM spec.b wheels are 18x7.5 +55 that can run 225/45/18 tires without rubbing. 2 less offset and .5" wider wheel isn't much.

I'm pretty sure the spec b wheels I have in the garage are 18x7's.

Data from: http://www.cars101.com/subaru/tiresandwheels.html#impreza

wrx

WRX, Premium - 235/45 R 17 94W; WRX, WRX Premium - 17x8jj, offset 53 (2.09), P.C.D 100 (3.94), gunmetal gray 15 spoke alloy

WRX, Premium - 225/45 R 17 91W Summer Performance tire (not all season) WRX, 2.5GT, WRX Premium - 17x7jj, offset 55 (2.17), P.C.D 100 (3.94),

Spec B (all years)

spec.B- 18x7jj alloy, offset 55

• 1 month later...

Archived