LegacyGT.com

not hitting boost?

deer3

ok so i got a problem with my 05 leggy stage 2

essentially on the weekend i was driving my car and it started to act sluggish and am looking for some input... this may seem long winded but im gonna describe the whole situation

bit of backround first so my car is tuned with the accessport but it was done by a previous owner so im unsure what map he used...but usually i peak at 17.5 boost

so im driving on the weekend and the car upon acceleration hesitates...and does not hit max boost seems to be running on all motor and very little turbo...it varies sometimes when i floor it it will hit 7.5 sometimes 5 but i cannot get it to go above 10...this has never happened before so i hook up the accesport and test for engine codes...nothing comes up....so i go to look at which map is being run...it says IT Base...now is it possible for no reason the ecu to revert back to a base map on its own?

to me it seems like a tuning problems coz the engine sounds the same and am not really seeing any visual signs of a boost leak(no visual cracks)

so any input why it would hesitate on acceleration and not reach max boost?

you need to change your real-time map. RT map. Either you reset the ecu, and if you cleared the codes, it goes back to the base map. But even the base is higher than 10psi. My guess Is you have a vacuum leak, or your STOC tmic has given the ghost (very common) Look at the metal tabs on the side to see if they look like they have bent out.

no.,

your car is running off an accessport v1.

the "ITbase" is "innovative tuning base map".

if you have any doubt, reload the realtime map as the base map will not change.

with a v1 accessport. you MUST have both maps running. think of them as half maps. this is because on a v1 accessport because of size restriction, you can only change so many parameters thus why you need both maps to run a "full map"

also i know your tmic is reinforced with jbweld.

and that boost gauge is not truely accurate, i know it reads high because it was mine. but i forget when it starts to read high i think about 17 or 18 PSI i starts reading high.

and with cold weather, dont expect to high the full 17.5 you are accustomed to seeing, the car runs better in the cold weather and doesnt' need to make all that boost your car is tuned for.

if anything, you can pm me. i guess i know more about your car than you do. and i seriously dont think your problem is the tune, it should be elsewhere - try the intercooler as mentioned.. does your car idle rough?

well it cant be the tmic coz i took it out and put in a spare one i had and same problem keeps happening...and regardless of it being cold outside it should still reach max boost because last week it was freezing out and this problem wasnt happening

You should never have to reflash to try and fix a problem. Tunes don't change, mechanical things do. If the car has been running fine and then for an unknown reason it starts to act abnormal it is almost always a mechanical. The blue "T" connector is about the easiest thing to fix on an 05. Just put some superglue and zip tie the hoses back on, if that is the problem.

ok my patience for this problem is wearing thin coz i took the intercooler off again and...nope the blue t connector was all good...connected with zip ties and all...checked all other hoses and they were all connected good too...as far as i can see i cant find a hose leak

• 3 weeks later...
ok so this problem is still a pain in my ass and am looking for some more input....ive brought the car to my mechanic he couldnt find the problem after spending 2 days with the car...so i contacted subaru and they can seem to figure it out so any more input would be helpful as i wantt to get this fixed asap

Which version AP due you have? Could you datalog the car for us? With only 5-7 psi you might have disabled boost control due to knock. Does it idle normal without any stumbles? Any hissing noise under the hood at idle that could signify a vacuum leak?
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

with a v1 accessport. you MUST have both maps running. think of them as half maps.

and with cold weather, dont expect to high the full 17.5 you are accustomed to seeing, the car runs better in the cold weather and doesnt' need to make all that boost your car is tuned for.

On both counts...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9Jcpagfieg]YouTube- Scrubs - You're Wrong[/ame]

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Archived