LegacyGT.com

Plastidipping wheels...

Nevermind I found your pic. Looks good. Did you leave the grill on to do it? Remove the Subaru badge?

I want to plastidip all the chrome looking plastic parts.. Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated..

I found it was way easier to remove it! And its really simple after i asked a few people on here. 2 Philips screws on top, 2 clips on top then 4 facing the radiator then pull forward. I just used painters tape to cover the subie badge. It was the simplest way seeing that i had no clue how the hell to remove the badge lol. Friday or saturday i'm starting on the rims. Plastidip is just fantastic!

Plasti-dipping wheels should be roughly the same process as your grille. A clean surface is of the absolute highest priority... you need for it to be clean for it to bond well. Your first pass should really be a light dusting... some color change but no more than 50% opacity. Wait 15-20 min in between coats; 4-5 coats should be plenty. Remember to keep your can 12-16" away from the surface and spray in long sweeping motions. I did this process on my spare wheel and it came out quite nicely.

dipyourcar.com is the source of a few of the videos on youtube. I had seen that he left his grill on his audi when he plastidipped it, which is why I asked, and I have seen it said that taking the grill of a Legacy is a pain in the a..

did you tape off the black plastic parts the chrome plastic parts are connected to (behind if looking from the front)? or just spray those too?

IitialDC, i went to this subaru car show at the dealership where i bought my legacy, and one of the cars there, the guy plastidipped his entire friggin car.....He said hes had his car plastidipped for 6 months strait and it was still holdin strong. I love plastidip....but doing the whole car is a little extreme lol. Looked cool as all get out tho!

• 2 weeks later...
If ya want something to give some flash to your wheels..pop out ur center caps and peel of the dip and off ur lugs..my car is same color as yours..the silver lugs and center caps with dippped wheels pop..I've gotten several compliments on them..haha..my that's just my .02 ...looks good though..I love that stuff..also did my grille with it too

Archived