LegacyGT.com

gauge pods?

Damn is that a space shuttle? LOL. You really don't need that many gauges.

To the OP: I've seen guys using a 02+ WRX gauge pod and mounting it where they are in the WRX. I plan to do this myself. All you need is 3 gauges, Boost pressure, AFR Wideband gauge and a oil pressure gauge.

Damn is that a space shuttle? LOL. You really don't need that many gauges.

To the OP: I've seen guys using a 02+ WRX gauge pod and mounting it where they are in the WRX. I plan to do this myself. All you need is 3 gauges, Boost pressure, AFR Wideband gauge and a oil pressure gauge.

That's where I wanted them but I didn't think it was possible. Now I have new ideas. I love the wrx look with the pods in the center.

That's where I wanted them but I didn't think it was possible. Now I have new ideas. I love the wrx look with the pods in the center.

Like I said just go get yourself a WRX gauge pod and modify it to fit. I've seen our Legacys with the installed and they look like it would've came in our cars from the factory. Very clean look. Plus you don't want your eyes to wonder all over just to check your gauges. The way a road race car is set up would be to have the gauges in view with minimal eye movement to view them.

Never understood the pillar pods...I think they are ricey as it gets unless it is on a real track car

I will never install a pillar pod from here on out, lol. Good point. I'm so impressionable/educateable. ;)

Here is where I installed my boost gauge on my SS. It is easy to see while driving. I'd like a cleaner look though.

When I finish my stroker 22T for my L I'd love to have a triple gauge pod on the middle of the dash.

attachment-2.thumb.jpg.5b70759da420dae52229f998c087e9ee.jpg

I wan't to do a gauge pod but I don't want to show anyone I have gauges or let anyone know there's a turbo in my old sube so this is the option I am probably going with an Ati Epod allows two adjustable gauges, im going with boost and oil pressure and may add digital air fuel ratio later on if I ever get an accessport to really start fooling around with things

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv131/Boosted_335i/ATINight2.jpg

I tried putting the boost gauge in a similar location but it didn't seem like there was much space for the pod and gauge. If my gauge was shorter in length it would have worked or if I had a different pod.

I'll probably get a new boost gauge in a while since the ProSports have a reputation for crapping out. It was given to me and it seems to be working so far.

i was looking at all those gauges that have that more bare bones look, not flashy just a guage guages, but are they backlit?

most of them are backlit and come with a green and red bulb cover depending on how you wan't it to look at night,

Also I am going with a boost gauge that only goes to 20 PSI, my engine only boosts at 12 and I have no plans of really pushing it so it will appear to have more boost than if you use a gauge going to 30psi where my needle wouldn't even reach half.

I don't know how a gauge has a bare bones look, I will take accuracy over the cool looking pro sport each and every day out the week, but I have been researching gauges for 2 months, and haven't put any in yet lol. Autometer gauge's have a very low failure rate. having one cheap gauge fail on you negates any savings you had in the first place.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4178GR6J4RL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I guess kinda basic

Archived