LegacyGT.com

Turbo XS Uppipe

LazyDog

Just had the Turbo XS uppipe installed today by whitetiger

I haven't had it on long enough to talk about performance... I'll post on that later

A few issues though

1. make sure you have a bung plug or reuse the stock one

2. the studs don't come pre-installed, which caused an hour long problem

- it looks like they drilled the holes from the top down and didn't go all they way through... and were filled with gunk?... so we wound up stripping a hole and ruining one of the studs, luckily it was one of the other non-essential outer ones

whitetiger was smart enough to use another bolt and thread it from the other side

note to turbo xs QC ppl... make sure you can attach the studs by hand into the side they're supposed to go into

ok enough ranting about turbo xs... if this doesn't make sense... it's bc it's late and i have only one eye open!

so to summarize... the fitment of the bolts for the turbo xs uppipe sucks bigtime and will waste your time

wow good thing i didn't buy that one a few months back. I took a chance on the dc sports up pipe and it went quite well... except it came with NO studs.

Glad everything worked out in the end though!

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

I just purchased the grimmspeed and you have to put the studs in. My previous UP had the studs already on the uppipe.

Do these usually just push in or press in the holes or how does that work?

Archived