LegacyGT.com

WRX swap vs. GT swap?

If I can find a wrx donor car for a complete swap, would it be worth it? Or will only a GT donor work for the 2.5i? Also, will it make it harder doing a full swap from an automatic to a manual?

I just figured that a full wrx donor would be easier to find than a full GT donor and also perhaps cheaper, but if it won't work then there's no point. Any info would be much appreciated

• Moderators

If I end up with the car you could have first crack at it. Everything drivetrain-related should be available--engine, trans, etc.

I'm not sure about auto-to-manual or wrx fitment in a legacy. I'm sure others will chime in.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

If BarManBean can get you dibs on a FULL WRX i would go that route. If you do a FULL mechanical swap (recommended) you will simply need to address merging the front harness with your 2.5i. Cam triggers for the tach, ignition systems, etc also remember to swap your fuel pump.

Where it can get really dicey is things like axle and driveshaft fitment esp if you are swapping in a MT donor to your AT car. Sometimes the knuckles arent the same etc.

like i said, you should just put your 253 heads on a 255 block. you'll have lower compression and a stonger bottom end ready for boost, without having to butcher your car.

Which reminds me OP make sure you also swap the lower engine cradle without that you'll have to notch and reinforce the stock one in order to plumb for boost.

subscribed. It's *possible* that I could have access to a WRX with complete drive train in tact if you are interested--would be great to start the partout by moving the big stuff locally.

Any word on the donor? And what year is it?

Archived