LegacyGT.com

Who has blacked-ot their headlights AND front corners? Need pic of light output..

atchipmunk

So, i've seen some pics of backed-out headlights with the front corners blacked-out as well (corner reflectors painted black). I actually like the look of it from the outside, but am curious how much it F's up the light output from the corner bulbs since there's now no reflector to disperse and distribute the light. Any of you guys that have blacked-out corners have any pics with the corner lights lit at night? I'm actually thinking of doing some custom amber LED's in the corner instead if I decide to do the black-out thing whenever I get around to doing a full bi-xenon/quad projector retrofit into my '05 headlights...

• 4 weeks later...
The "diffuser" serves no purpose except looks thanks for the super clever comment tho!

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii287/bac52/OpoQQ.jpg

Do you know more about light theory than everyone on this board combined?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

The "diffuser" serves no purpose except looks thanks for the super clever comment tho!

That was merely clever. This is super clever:

You know what serves no purpose except looks? Faux brembo brake covers.:p

EDIT: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fix-nasty-calipers-hubs-brembo-caliper-covers-175737.html?t=175737

I'm sorry thburkart, but those turn signals are EXTREMELY dangerous. Their lack of omni-directionality makes them impossible to see from some angles, and they are far too dim to operate properly as running lights with the headlights on.

Removing the reflector for the turn indicator/parking light is not only illegal, but also dangerous.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I'm sorry thburkart, but those turn signals are EXTREMELY dangerous. Their lack of omni-directionality makes them impossible to see from some angles, and they are far too dim to operate properly as running lights with the headlights on.

Removing the reflector for the turn indicator/parking light is not only illegal, but also dangerous.

This and USDOT requires a side viewing reflector on the back and front lamps. And for good damn reason.

Wow, look what the 4th gen cars have devolved into.... or rather look at who is now buying them. Yep, you guessed it ladies and gentlemen: Ricers. This has been an increasing phenomenon on this site as the prices of pre-owned Legacies in the 2005-2009 model years have come down.

thburkart,

Would you buy a flashlight with no reflector housing? Just a bare bulb on a stick? Of course not, since it would not focus or distribute light to where it needed to be. Yet here you are advocating the awesomeness of basically doing just that with your turn signals/running lamps. Not sure what you accomplish here other than some perceived cosmetic "improvement" which is quite debatable, plus reducing the effectiveness and visibility of your front turn signals.

This is classic Ricer behavior: making modifications to vehicles that achieve dubious cosmetic goals, that in reality are less functional/poorer quality than the stock equipment. Don't lose hope though, because we are going to try to help you beat this terrible disorder if you will let us.

yes, you may be right.

No, I AM right.

I can appreciate the desire to modify a vehicle, but when in doubt about what to spend your hard earned $$$ on go for those parts that are substantive.

The old adage that "chrome don't get you home" applies here, so if you're gonna mod make it all go and less show. Maybe spring for some pretty tail lights, since you goal should be to show them to as many other cars as possible.

Then the quandry is how to orient the stick? Strait up like the eyes of a slug or a snail? Strait out front like two penises? Maybe one large centrally located stick mounted at a 45 degree angle, aka the unicorn light? So many possibilities.

Hey since you are really feeling adventurous with your automotive lighting, maybe you could mock up a few of those bulb on a stick concepts.

Feel free to contour or texture the sticks to fully represent dicks, unicorn horns, slug antennae or whatever.

Wow, look what the 4th gen cars have devolved into.... or rather look at who is now buying them. Yep, you guessed it ladies and gentlemen: Ricers. This has been an increasing phenomenon on this site as the prices of pre-owned Legacies in the 2005-2009 model years have come down.

Ha, I was just thinking that.. since the hoonderp crowd couldn't afford them brand new, and that there's moar on the used market for the ricers, they're taking our 4th gens and turning them into the new hoonderp.

I'm just glad I'm not in Chicagostan.. but I'm sure that phenomenon will come to my hometown when the prices for our beloved 4th gens go even lower.

it was a question... do you have a swap or just badging?

& the "rolling eyes", they made a smiley for that.

why do you refer to my xterra as nasty, supersleuth? it's pretty much bone stock. I use it for off roading & as my daily driver. *please note there is no GTR or NISMO badging on it, because I'm not pretending to be something else.

Archived